Chapter sixteen

"What are you sensing?" She asked me, having her feet curled up next to her chest.

"I don't know. I just feel like something's not right..." she raised an eyebrow and tilted her head.

It would be inherently dumb to ignore it but it was bothering me. I felt as if my panic has gone up a notch and that would mean only one thing.

"Is that due to your pregnancy?" I shook my head.

"No." I sighed, "I can't depict it right now." Her lips pressed together into a frown.

"You don't think it's because of him, do you?" I chewed the gum that was still in my mouth, staring out afar.

I shuffled my feet, "It's not because of him." The brief conversation ended and we sat in silence.

I chewed my nails and started to think for a moment. Recollecting my thoughts that were scattered.

If I was no longer able to understand this feeling I must speak to the only one who knows. My poor ole wolf... I snarled at the thought.

'Finally! You haven't let me talk in weeks.' She stammered and was surrounded by trees in my mind, her own little comfort space.

'Do you feel what I do?' I asked her.

She sat down in a field full of daisies, 'If referring to that knotting feeling in your stomach, then yes.' I walked towards her.

'What do you think it means?' She shook her fur.

'Our mate is close to finding us?' She guessed.

I looked at her, my own hands felt sweaty. 'What makes you think that?' She shrugged and looked over at the shadow of a wolf.

'I felt like I've met him. Somewhere. It just hasn't stopped bugging me.' I looked over at the shadow.

'What's that?' I pointed to it.

Her head snapped quickly. 'That must be him.' My eyes wandered in my consciousness with my wolf by my side.

'That isn't him right?' She shrugged, uninterested in explaining that.

'Have you talked to it?' Her eyes widened, and she backed away from me.

'No! Not at all. I just think that he's in my- our imagination.' I scuffed, not believing her one bit.

I sighed, 'Okay, since you have no reliable information for me. I must leave now.' She ran to get in front of me.

'Not right now. We have a lot to talk about.' I ran my hand through my hair, staring at the ground.

'I would leave if you weren't such a drag. I'll stay with only the interest of finding out what that thing is.' I pointed to that shadow again.

'Fine. We'll find out together. Our bond with our mate is strong.' I looked over at her.

'How is that? We barely have seen him or talked to him.' She chuckled.

'You poor naive girl. He's an alpha! Of course, our bond would be stronger even without being in direct contact.' She walked towards it, I followed behind her.

'Did you see it move?'

She ignored me.

'This is fun! If it is him then that'll be super cool.' She stopped as soon as we reached it.

'Is his wolf not an asshole to you?' She shook her head.

'Not at all.' My lips pursed as her words confused me.

'Why was he an asshole to me?'

'Why else? You're a fucking jerk to me.' My hands stand by my side.

'You fucking told him, didn't you?' She looked away to hide her little smile.

'I always knew I didn't like you. That's because you're a snake!' She rolled her eyes and sat in front of it.

'Snake or not, who knows what he has planned for us. He could show up today or tomorrow or six weeks from now. All I know is he's coming for us.' I folded my arms and sat down.

'Who are you?!' He showed his teeth, but won't tell me anything?

'He doesn't want to talk to you.' She snapped her attention back onto him. 'I knew you'd come back for me.' I cringed at her sappy self.

'I don't think he's going to say anything to either of us.' He growled at me.

'Hey! Watch it bud.' He recomposed himself.

'See I told you. You're just a grade A1 sauce jerk.' She looked at me before turning back to him.

'I have to go. This whole shit is creeping me out.' I got up and walked off.

I came back to reality and simmered down. "I was trying to tell you that the food is done." I looked up and saw Kaz above me.

"Sorry. I...umm. Was busy sleeping." I got up from the sofa and walked to the kitchen.

"If I had to count how many times you get distracted I would be a millionaire." Luca cracked a joke.

"Hmm. Weird. Why are you always observing like me!" I asked him.

He shrugged, "You're interesting!"

"Are you trying to feed off of me?" He burst out laughing.

"Fine! You caught me. I was trying to pierce my sharp canines into your shoulder." My eyes widened.

"The stories are true! You are madly in love with my blood type."

"It's O negative. Of course, I would."

"Wait! Really?! I didn't even know that." I looked at him shocked.

"I can't believe werewolves don't know." He questioned.

"Enough with the blood talk. Let's get eating!" Kaz placed a plate in front of me and grabbed a blood bag, and opened it.

"I love this one!" If I think that there eating chamoy I can sustain eating this in front of them.