Chapter seventeen

"Did you see what happened?" Eris sat next to me on the sofa.

"Uhm...no." She sighed and showed me some news headlines.

"I think this is getting out of control. They're killing too many people and they're all somehow linked to you..." I paused.

My eyes scanned the paper. Two bodies were found in their house most likely a break-in...

"They don't identify the bodies. How would you know if I was connected to them or not?" She bit her lip.

"It just makes sense that it's because of you. Your mate is going on a rampage. Putting everyone in the supernatural realm in danger." Eris wiped her eyes.

"First of all. I don't even know of any family I have in Wonsalt. Second of all. It could just be normal human beings killing each other...again." She pressed her lips together.

"You may be right! I'm sorry I jumped on you about it. I am just very out of my element." I nodded my head.

"I know how you feel." I looked outside the curtain and saw a little shadow. I placed her phone on the coffee table. And walked towards the window. I moved the curtain and peeked. I couldn't see that good.

"I don't know if you should open the door. Let me check the window." I motioned 'no' my curiosity got the best of me.

I opened the door and saw a man standing there with a hat covering his face. My heartbeat sped up, and that was when I knew it was him. It couldn't possibly be anybody else. It was my worst nightmare.

I squinted my eyes, looking closer to the man that stood outside the house. I frowned displeased with my knowledge.

"You found me..." I muttered out.

A smirk appeared on his face and his eyes stared deep into my soul with interest. As his eyes scanned my body up and down, I gulped, slouching my shoulders.

He opened his mouth, staring back at me. "How long has it been, mate?"

"I was hoping it would be longer. Sadly, nothing ever goes my way."

"Why don't you be a good mate and allow me to go inside." He's not a vampire, he wouldn't need to ask for permission.

"Why are you asking? Did you ask all the other people who've killed?" He stepped on the stairs leading to where I was.

"So you've heard? I thought I'd look into little ms. perfects background. It gets deeper. I found out you had an uncle I was sure you'd be there but nope...but what I did find out was that you visited it which lead me into the right track." I bit my cheek, folding my hands.

"Yeah, I knew you were there too! Does it ever feel sickening knowing that you destroy other people's lives?" I asked him, my tears about to escape.

"You haven't grown one bit, Niovi." He stated before standing face to face with me, "I thought you'd mature, stop acting like a baby...but I was sadly mistaken." He walked right past me. "Such a nice home you have here." I darted my eyes upstairs.

"You haven't gotten manners since I saw you. But who would've been naive to think you'd change." I closed the door and sat down on the chair in the kitchen.

"Can your friend over there make us some tea?" He asked me.

I looked over at Eris, "I'll get to it." She rubbed my shoulders.

"You've got good friends to take care of you. How lovely..." The bitterness spewed out of his mouth with no disguise.

"Unlike someone. They care about me." He placed his hands on the table.

"Are you still mad about what he did to you?" He asked me, his eyes perceiving through my soul.

"I..." He chuckled.

"You left over a little aggression? That's sad..." He licked his lips. "Especially when you got endless of people killed because you didn't stay." I laid back in the chair.

"You can take responsibility, don't be afraid," I muttered, looking at the cold tea that was in front of me.

"Did my appearance frighten you? It sure made you go from state to state." I didn't know how to react.

Kaz and Luca weren't here, which was a good thing. I don't want there to be a fight.

"What must I do to get you to stop everything you're doing?" I asked him, running of ideas. I was already cornered.

"Come back with me." I shook my head.

"You know I'm never going to go back there. Not after everything you did." Nobody how hard Emrys tried to hide his emotions I knew those words tore him to pieces.

"Or. You can reproduce an heir for me. Which I only will give you these two options." I looked down at my belly. I...

"You haven't found someone to take over my title?" He laughed and clenched his jaw.

"I did. They weren't good enough. None of them could bear my children, they all lead into miscarriages." I licked my lips and looked at the clock.

"Sorry for your losses." He looked into my eyes and darted them to my stomach.

"You're pregnant." I looked down. "Whose is it?" He got up and asked me.

"I know him, okay! He's a great guy. If you won't hurt me...I will reconsider your offer on the second one." He sat back down signing.

"I would never hurt a pregnant woman. I'm not that heartless. For that deal to work you'd need to stay there for nine months then you can either stay a little with it or leave. It is staying at my pack and I will not take any further advice to that deal." My eyes darted to the doorknob moving.

"I will. But this is not for you." I got up and went to open the door. "Kaz. Luca." I breathed. "This is Emrys...my mate." I looked at Kaz who had the most serious face I've ever seen. Luca kept his calm, and Emrys remained his cool.

"You got knocked up by a vampire?" He chuckled, before gaining his manners. "It was nice talking to you, mate. But I'm afraid you'll have to deal with someone for taking my offer." He grabbed his coat and hat.

Kaz tried to get in front of him. "Do you want to challenge me? I tear people like you up.." Kaz moved aside and looked down at me.

The front door shut.

"What did he mean by the offer?" I looked down at the floor.