xi. self-created

ELEVEN
self-created

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CALISTA SAVAS

Some of the group members had already left for Washington. To Calista's knowledge, they were supposedly going to attempt to solve this inescapable horror that the human population had discovered themselves ambushed in.

Carol and Daryl were not back yet. Calista had absolutely no guess as to where they could've gone, but she promptly found herself forgetting that she hadn't engaged in a real conversation with either of them, so she wouldn't be able to detect their current location anyway.

In all fairness, Calista hadn't spoken to anyone besides Carl and Tyreese, besides Rick, and in Calista's eyes, conversing with him wasn't precisely by choice. It was almost like a life or death situation. Choosing to not converse with Rick was comparable to choosing death.

And Calista didn't want to choose death.

✦✮✦

The blonde girl inspected her ax, which she ultimately retrieved after the recent events.

She eyeballed a faint mark that obliged on the handle, and she ran a single finger over it, triggering her mind to be inundated with ghostly lights nearly dimming her vision.

Her perspective on this forbidden memory was sharp- grim. An event that Calista would rather not be reminded of, but the mark. The feeble mark was the button that Calista was compelled to push, and the outcome of the push spelled it all to come flooding back.

Back to that night.

Her intrusive thoughts were interrupted, however, by a certain blue-eyed boy. Thankfully.

"Hey, Carol and Daryl are back." He announced to the girl, concealing his beaming grin. She peeked up at the boy, noticing his rather joyful, yet flat tone.

"Oh," She returned, "Did you find out where they were?" Carl nodded, and hesitantly bent down next to Calista, brushing his pants off of dust.

"Not exactly, but Beth-" He added, his smile becoming more apparent, "-She's alive."

Calista smiled at the boy's bright statement, somewhat at his merry mood too. He reflected the sensation of satisfaction, which was unusual nowadays- granting that humanity was solely surrounded by death.

"Did they bring her back?" Calista asked the blithe boy. The boy shook his head before he rejoined, "They know where she is, so they're gonna find her."

Calista nodded her head, signaling that she understood as Carl continued, "They brought back someone who was with her though. He's gonna help us get her back."