𝗖𝗵𝗮𝘁𝗽𝗲𝗿~𝟭

(𝗧.𝗪) 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗲, 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀, 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿, 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗯𝗼𝗱𝗶𝗲𝘀-

𝗘𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼~ 𝗺𝘄𝗮𝗵𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮𝗵𝗮

>𝟱𝗸 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀

___________

The soft breeze of summer brushed against Y/N's face with a gentle touch, her head tilting to the side enjoying the view up the skyscraper. Her lashes fluttered as the wind grew heavy and the clouds cascaded over the sun, closing in on the bright sky, now a light grey.

I closed my eyes and opened them looking beneath where my feet lay, over the railing of the building, Soojin, the popular girl in school had for the night. It was her birthday and she invited everyone in her class to it. Unlike the most sought-after and looked up to kids in school with their rash behavior towards weaker ones, Soojin would give everyone a bright smile of hers. Her pearly teeth glimmering with love as she looked around her surroundings.

The girl herself had it tough back at her 'home' or what everyone else saw it as. The days she'd spend in tears and hate received from her constant parents nagging from her appearance to her actions had her walking on a string. A string that has grown short and one that can no longer hold her anymore. From the happy and joyful days filled with want to the sad and dreadful days she spent crying at night about her life being miserable and undeserving.

I knew about her life, I know of it all but instead of me, someone who has went through more wouldn't dare open their mouth in front of the wailing girl I had in my arms before the party began. For a moment, I felt a sense of wanting and love from my newly made friend from our past encounter in the library as we both went over the subject, in hopes of passing with flying colors—Which we did after the examination was over.

I didn't expect her to send an invite to me, rather befriend me in the first place. It all sounded weird the moment I opened the invitation and traced my fingers along the golden letters. It all came in sight when I opened the door and was met with nothing but darkness. I should have left, a voice in the back of my mind kept screamed at me, telling me to get out of there but I held my ground. Until I was splashed with paint, a dark color that sucked into my white dress that my mother spent a load of money on.

All I could think of at that moment was. Why? What did I do wrong? When did it become like this? I've seen worse days but the way everyone's laughter and mockery filled my ears felt like the end of the world. I could have ran out, or ignored them nonetheless. But my legs were frozen in place and I took every word leaving their hateful and stained lips. Lips that have committed sins I couldn't comprehend at the moment of being humiliated for all of my classmates to see.

It was embarrassing to say the least but I couldn't shake the feelings away. Not in a few years from now. It has engraved itself into my memory alongside other unfavorable ones. Huddled up against each other all I could think of was that I have had enough. The talks and fights that happened everywhere I went, I'd be dragged in with no word or action by my 'classmates'. My existence was invisible to the people I've seen on a daily basis.

Then what sin have I committed from my past life to be treated this harshly to the point of thinking of suicide. If I go down, I shall bring everyone down with me to the pits of hell. Even if that meant I had to stain my hands in doing so but I couldn't bring myself to do that. I'd never stoop that low in order to make someone else feel pain and hatred—not when I know how it feels.

Again my feelings were getting the better of me but I couldn't push them away no matter how hard I tried. All I wanted was to be happy and live a normal life. If there even is such a life, I'd like to be a part of it. All the humiliation I couldn't withstand, had to be drowned some way, somehow. The dress was still wet and it prickled my skin with goosebumps from how cold the wind dropped to. I need to go home and change. Maybe move to a different school if possible.