Abalyes_Voltaris

Hello! I'm Riri, an interviewer from Crazy Late Nighters aka CLN! Please introduce yourself to our readers.

I'm Abalyes and my book 'Aryes Voltaris' won 1st place in the fanfiction section of the CLN Awards!

We're really happy that we got to read such an amazing book! Can you tell us a few things about your book?

It's a fanfiction of a YouTube series called "Songs of War". The book takes place 50-150+ years after the end of the series. It focuses on Senn Voltaris' and Ria Sendaris' son, Aryes Voltaris (who is an OC of mine).

That's a really different style of fanfiction! I've mostly read fanfictions surrounding k-pop idols, movie/drama characters and singers. How did you think about writing this fanfiction?

It would be inspired from "Songs of War" and my imagination. Also, the help of one of my very good friends, ElectricVoltaris. It wasn't quite a collaboration, but he did give me a few ideas to get the story going. I'm glad he did, it was a big help.

Friends sure are the pillar of support! How would you describe your writing style?

I'd say it's reasonably easy to follow, and it's not too descriptive in the way, it doesn't pile description on the reader. It's sort of got a balance on it.

That's a really great method! Can you give our readers a few pointers you take into consideration while writing? Those may help some of the writers out there!

For every person talking start a new line. It makes it much easier to read and it doesn't seem as crammed. Make sure you have paragraphs. They are very important. And make sure you edit before publishing! I had to edit one of my chapters in another book because I kept on finding spelling mistakes.

I'm sure these points will help a lot of aspiring writers! Moving on, what were your initial thoughts before and after writing the book?

I thought it was a brilliant idea, and still do!
But at the moment, I'm focusing on another book that hasn't been getting a lot of attention, and I'm going to write more for it before I continue 'Aryes Voltaris' again. Hopefully it won't be on hiatus for too long.

I hope you start the beloved book with as much passion again! What are some of the things that inspire you to write?

My imagination, fantasy, friends, and real life situations.

These aspects sure can inspire! As a writer on Wattpad, what are some of the difficulties you face while writing?

Wattpad's glitches, definitely. When shuffling around parts, it likes to not move it sometimes.
Sometimes, writing what people want can be a bit difficult. Or getting a good audience. Most of the people that used to read my book have gone offline and/or on hiatus.

I hope the love of your audience reaches your book again! As a writer, having a writer's block is pretty common. What did you do to overcome that obstacle?

Thank you, I hope so too. Thinking of ideas to write about and writing them down. That way, when I am ready to write again (or challenging myself to write again. A little challenging doesn't hurt!), I know exactly what to write about.

A challenge is surely great for your mind! Were there times when you wanted to just delete the book? If yes, how did you get out of that state?

I've never thought about deleting the book. If I really did want to remove it, I'd unpublish it. I've put too much time and effort into it to just disappear.

You sure do love your book! Was there any sort of hate you received in any of your books? If yes, how were you able to stand upright even while getting all the hate?

Yes, there was actually. In another of my books, one called 'Natalia Sendaris'. I had my friends to support me when that happened and I'm very grateful, they did help me.

It's really great that your friends had your back! Writing requires a lot of brain activity. What methods do you use to calm yourself down?

Funnily enough, writing actually helps me calm down.

This just shows your love for writing! From all of the books you've written, which ones have been your favorite?

Hm, 'Aryes Voltaris', 'Hidden In Plain Sight' (mystery/thriller), and 'A Book Where I Put Random Stuff Into It' (1 & 2) (it's funny and weird, there're also random screenshots/photos of things and cats). I do love the rest, but those ones are my top favourites.

That's totally awesome! Which are some of your favorite characters from the books that you've mentioned?

In 'Aryes Voltaris', my favourite would be Celenia Medoris. She's shy, powerful and brave. She protected Aryes in one of the chapters using her powers. My favourite in 'Hidden In Plain Sight' would probably be Archer Reeves. I'm not too sure why to be honest. The random book is just full of random things, there are no characters. But it's still fun to read.

I hope the readers read all of them and share their views too! Do you publish your books on other platforms too or is it just Wattpad for now? And why?

I hope so too! I have only published my books on Wattpad because I haven't found any other platform to write on.

I hope your books reach everyone who likes to read! Having clarity of mind while writing is quite important. How do you manage that?

Hopefully, yes. Focusing on what I'm writing, even though I always have music playing in the background.

Music sure is like a medicine. Do you have a writing schedule that you follow?

When I first started, I used to write once a week. That was when the summer holidays were on though, and I haven't had that much time on my hands in a long time. It's now write whenever I can.

It's amazing that you can still write in a busy schedule! Writing in general, what does it mean to you?

Thanks! A place to express my ideas and let my imagination run wild.

This sentence means a lot! Can you let our readers know a few quotes that you follow? It may inspire some of us!

I don't really follow any quotes, sorry!

That can happen! You must be living so diligently that you don't even need a quote! As the last question, can you please say something while addressing your fellow writers?

To every writer out there: Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks a lot for your time and patience! I really enjoyed interviewing you!

Author : Abalyes_Voltaris
Interviewer : _busystackingguap
Interview Editor : _Summer14