Penpatron

Hello! I'm Manya! I'm an interviewer from the CLN (Crazy Late Nighters) Community. Just let me know when you're ready for the interview!

Hello. I'm Zetta!

Happy to know you!

Yes, I'm ready.

Alright! So, from what I know, you've won the award hosted by CLN for your book, As the Knight Falls. We've all been wondering when you started writing and what made you do it!

Yep, that's the one! Well, I started writing it down in June of 2020 but the story has been in my head sometimes from 2011. It was just bits here and there then. Not till a good summer evening did I realize that the story has spiraled into a whole new world of its own and can definitely breath to life now. That's when I decided to give it a shot and have enjoyed every bit of making it ever since.

Glad to hear that you brought the pieces together. It's good to give it a shot. So, what do you think makes your writing different from others?

My readers would be the best judge of that. From my perspective, it's the description. I have always loved books with vivid descriptions that allow me to witness the author's world just as they see it. That's exactly what I try to bring out in my story. I think that's what sets it apart.

I also love vivid descriptions! It really lets you dive into the author's world! So, speaking of your unique writing skills, what is your inspiration for writing? It can be anything or anyone.

It was my teen age years hardcore need for a role model actually. *Chuckles* You see, As the Knight Falls universe completely spiralled down from its protagonist Rayo Schwan. Back in 2011, I was constantly falling behind in everything. The new rage of the teenager wasn't making it any easier. So I was looking for someone for motivation, someone who's having it worse than me but doing better, which someone did not exist around me thankfully. That's when I started thinking of Rayo. For several years after, it was just her with very little background story in my head. But over the years, little by little added in as I went and now, it's finally breathing on its own.

Ah that's great! You as your own inspiration is just wonderful! I've gone through these times too, but in the end, it's just me and myself. So, is there any writing or updating schedule you follow?

Feels nice to hear that. Thank you ❤️ Can't agree any less ❤️ Well, now it's on hold for completing my Open Novella Contest entry Arctic Heart, which is a spin-off of ATKF and takes place in the same universe. But I hope to complete Arctic Heart by June and delve back into ATKF soon after. But, the deadline may vary, of course.

Great!! Hope you win :)) How do you come up with characters for your story and how many of them relate to you?

Thanks but couldn't clear up round 2 XD Since I started it, I intend to finish it soon. As for ATKF, they were built throughout the years and at the beginning, each were inspired by the people around me or bits of them. But with time, they became one of their own. Coming up with their names, however, was tricky. Had to put conscious effort there. Welp, since all of them are in my head, can relate to them all here and there. But Rayo Schwan and Claire Huskin are totally my alter egos X)

Oh. I like how you're still working to finish it up! I really like the names of those characters!! So, which character is your favourite and why?

❤️Thank you❤️ It's without a doubt Rayo Schwan and Liam Krieger. Can't choose between

these two people though. Rayo sees the world as it is and faces it headstrong. She sees, she analyzes and she works on it. Not someone you can defeat in a game of minds. Liam, on the other hand, is cheerful, laid-back, but resilient. He's an absolute sweetheart till you mess with someone or something he holds precious. Then he'll rain hell. Literally (ATKF readers will know how) I love how they turned out XD