TrinityStellaParker

Hey, I’m Ayah and I’m from the Crazy Late Nighters Community! May I ask for your name and pronouns?

Hi Ayah, I’m Trinity and I use the pronouns she/her.

It’s nice to meet you, Trinity. Thank you for taking the time out to let me interview you! You won first place in one of CLN’s awards, what inspired you to start writing the winning book?

Nice to meet you too! My book was inspired by my need to put my emotions and ideas into words. I have never really been good with verbally explaining my thoughts and writing it in the form of poetry came very naturally to me. So I decided to publish my compiled works, thinking that people may relate to it and hopefully, like it too (:

That sounds very interesting and I’m sure your readers love your poems! Are there any poems that you have written which are your favourite? If so, why?

Yes! The last official chapter, Chapter 30 - Him and the epilogue: The Last Goodbye, are very dear to my heart since it’s about two very important people in my life.

I’ve read both those poems and they really touched my heart! When did you first start writing?

I started writing poems about four years ago.

Four years is a lot of experience! Have you always wanted to write poetry?

Haha, it sure is. Have I always wanted to write poetry? Well no, honestly as I said it came naturally to me, as in, sometimes I have thoughts that sound like poetry with rhyme, rhythm and everything. It’s all about penning it down, really.

A lot of people can relate to that, I know I certainly can but with stories! Are there any poets out there who might have inspired you?

I learned about ballads after reading Frederic Ogden Nash’s ‘Tale of Custard Dragon’, it was a very humorous piece. I had learnt it by heart for about a year after reading that, haha, and it definitely was the inspiration to write ballads. As for normal type of poetry, I never really was a huge fan of reading them to be honest, so I don’t have a favorite poet in that category.

That sounds like it could be an interesting and humorous read just from the title. It seems very important to you, which is amazing! Are you planning on writing any other poetry books? Is there a specific theme you might follow?

Yes! I am working on a second poetry book but it has a long way to go. I would like to follow a theme. But the thing is, I write what comes to my mind. I don’t really force-write a poem just for the sake of writing and it’s hard to compartmentalize thoughts in a specific theme. In the end, I barely have three to four poems for a theme, so just keeping it random helps a great deal.

That seems to make a lot of sense, poetry seems more real when it comes from the heart and mind! What advice would you give to any new poets out there or anyone struggling to come up with inspiration?

My advice to new poets and anyone trying to find inspiration would b: “don’t go looking for inspiration, it’ll come to you. Have patience and let your heart speak the words your mind cannot.”

A really sweet piece of advice that is, and a little poetic, aha. When you aren’t writing poetry, what are you doing with your free time?

I absolutely love reading! I don’t mind reading any genre, except maybe horror, not a big fan of that, haha.

I can absolutely relate and I’m sure a lot of people can too. It almost slipped my mind, how did it feel to win first place in one of CLN’s awards?

Victories alone bring a myriad of emotions, I was so very happy to know that! I also have very awesome and uplifting friends in the Wattpad community, every little victory is celebration with them, so it truly was an amazing feeling!

It really is absolutely fantastic how the Wattpad community is so kind to each other. Which brings me to my next question, how do your readers generally react to your poems? Has there been any negative feedback?

Honestly, not many people are interested in poetry and others are silent readers and thankfully, the handful that do react have always been positive and constructive. There’s also the fact that I have mentioned in the beginning of the book that I do not condone negativity, if they have any advice to help me then it should be presented politely, but I don’t think anybody really reads the instructions, lol.

Although I wish more people enjoyed poetry, I am very glad you have positive readers. Has the pandemic affected your writing in any way? Has it been harder or maybe, easier?

I completed the book in the initial months of the pandemic, so it didn’t really affect this book but I completely lost inspiration for my other drafts so that was definitely a rough time.

I hope you find some inspiration soon but as you said, you can’t force write, you’ve got to let it come from the heart. Is there something specific you need while writing (e.g. music, coffee, snacks)?

Amen to that. I am among those rare few people who don’t really need anything while writing, hehe, I just need focus.

I’m literally the same! Listening to things just distracts me but sometimes, it can help. Moving onto a slightly harder question to answer, what difficulties do you face while writing? Any tips on how to overcome them?

Once you get the focus, maintaining it the whole time you write and edit and re-edit is the big deal. I prefer editing after writing the whole thing I had on my mind, be it a short story or a chapter or a poem, so my mind isn’t trying to be two places at once. I advise publishing a book only after you have completely written it or are done with it for the most part so writing doesn’t become a pressure and readers can enjoy regular updates as well. Taking regular breaks, albeit cliché, is a must too so that the brain doesn’t get over-simulated.

That’s a difficulty I know a lot of other people struggle with and thank you for the advice! I’m sure it’ll prove helpful for others. Onto a simpler question, using three words how would you describe yourself?

Klutz, weird, optimistic. Funny words to describe myself but they describe me perfectly, haha.

An interesting answer for an interesting question. Wrapping up this amazing interview, as I said before I’m from the Crazy Late Nighters Community, do you see yourself as somewhat crazy? Are you a late nighter or an early bird?

Yes, I definitely do see myself as crazy, haha. I am a bit of both, a late nighter and early bird, but lean more towards an early bird for sure. It was fun talking to you!

It was fantastic talking to you too! On behalf of CLN, thank you for letting me interview you! You've been a great interviewee! Take care!

Author/Poet : TrinityStellaParker
Interviewer : SarcasmQueen1583
Interview Editor : sassy-weirdo