"You're right, I don't feel the same" he snaps at me, the irritation evident in his voice, a sudden switch from before.

"So it's purely physical for you?" my voice sounds pathetic and I hate it.

"Barely even physical, more like boredom and entertainment, all you do is distract me and make me worse at my job." he digs the knife in deeper, my heart breaking at his words.

I don't understand why he's saying this all of a sudden, every night and every morning spent together has felt like we were a couple and like he was enjoying himself. How could some fake it that well?

"Why are you saying this? is that really how you've felt this entire time? I thought we were growing closer." I question him, my voice sounding stronger now with the added edge of anger.

"You were a distraction this entire time, you mean nothing to me more than a good fuck when I feel like it, to think I would date you? That I would date someone like you?" He snickers at the end of his sentence, his eyes bitter and angry.

At this statement, I feel my blood start to boil and my eyes start to water, this is the second time now he's made a comment of this sort, I should've seen this coming. of course I wasn't good enough for a perfect little pureblood shadow hunter

"What the fuck do you mean someone like me huh?! what is that referring to Jace? my bloods too dirty for you, is that it?" I raise my voice this time, yelling at him as the tears start to fall.

I can't help but teach his eyes for any hint of anything, but I can't, I can't find any emotion in them, he's just blankly staring back at me.

"I don't mean anything by it, just someone like me wouldn't date someone like you, someone rough you know? Someone unloved and wild like you, I wouldn't date someone like that" he cuts back at me yelling at me, till all I can hear is his voice repeating in my head, 'someone unloved'

unloved. that's me.

"so you want to end all of this then? the friendship? the casual sex?" Im begging by this point, I don't understand why he's doing this.

"yeah you're just in the way, me and clary have something good going on and you're just trying to get in the middle and ruin it" Jace snaps at me, leaving me feeling lost.

He's choosing Clary over me.

ok. that's ok. I can handle this. She's just better than I am.

"I don't want anything to do with you" Jace utters one last time before he leaves me alone in his room to pick myself up.

The tears stream down my face as I leave Jaces bedroom, heading towards the front doors of the Institute.

"Vieve!"

I turn around and there's Alec, with his arms held out and a confused look on his face. I ran towards him, embracing in the hug.

"He doesn't want me Alec" this was feeling like a deja vu, if only Alec played for the other team, then we could have made it work excellently. but instead, here I am again crying into his shirt.

"I'm sorry Vieve, I don't know what's wrong with him" Alec sighs in disappointment.

"I have to go Alec, I can't be here, not when he wants nothing to do with me" I turn away from the hug, giving his hand a final squeeze before leaving the Institute and heading to Magnus's.

Jace POV

"I have feelings for you, I am falling for you Jace"

OH MY GOD