Chapter45:DAY-304

Start from the beginning

"They were here too?" She asks, taking a look at it and clicking another picture.

"Yeah. I told them about this place."

"Nice! They were here at 14.02.19. We should do that thing," she says, looking back at me.

Nodding, I take the spray bottle and paint the same under our names. 'We were here at 02.04.19'

Why couldn't I still bring it up?

*********

We reached the final destination, the one Jenny was waiting for a long time. We walk into the forest hand-in-hand. "I'm really excited to see what you have kept for me," Jenny says with her cute excited smile.

"Even I'm," I smile back.

What have I kept for her? Maybe photographs... letter... Well, I don't remember.

We walk around a bit unsure of where we have buried the capsule. Finally, Jenny remembers where it was and we buried the hole and take out the time capsule. There are two small boxes, one in which I have kept things for her, written as 'For Jenny' on the lid and the other one for me.

We take our respective boxes and sit on the branch comfortably. "You go first," Jenny nods at the box in my hand, still that smile plastered on her face.

I open the box and take out a photo cube. I knew there would be photos because Jenny always wanted to capture the moment, so we would always smile at the memory of it. I look around the cube, thinking about the moment. Those pictures were taken once she was in my house, Hazel along with us. In one picture Hazel was in her hands, even though she doesn't like Hazel, I compelled to take that picture. I smile at the memory, that was all she wanted.

"You still doesn't like dogs?" I ask, looking back at her.

She grins, "Not a bit."

I then take out the pencil she carved the letter N. I smile at her, again memories flooding in my mind.

Then I take out a dried rose. "It was the first red rose you gave me," she says and I nod. I still remember every bit of that day...

"I'm glad it's still here," I say.

She moves closer to me, "You know, it is believed that a red rose is a promise of love until death," she whispers into my ear naughtily. I failed that promise... every promise I made...

After giving her a small smile instead of replying, I take a folded paper out of the box. I open to see a list and I show her.

TOGETHER LETS...

Go on a classy dinner date

Go to a concert

Go to an amusement park

Get a tattoo

Host a party for friends

"Can we... do... this?" She asks with doubt, her fingers crossed.

"Definitely!" I agree. These would be the last few things we will do together...

"Thank you." She quickly gives a kiss on my cheek, which I wasn't expecting at all. When I look at her in surprise, she looks back at the box shyly. I shouldn't give her hope about us... soon I have to reveal everything I have been hiding.

"My turn," she says and opens her box. She takes out a folded paper first. She quickly opens it and starts reading. "Dear Jenny," she reads out loud. "I can never stop loving you," she pauses. I. Did. Stop. Loving. Her. "When you told me you want to bury a time capsule, I thought you were crazy. But you told me things may change so let's dig it up and later when we open we'll know how much we loved each other back then," she stops. "And here is my reply to you," she looks at me for a moment with a warm smile before looking back to the paper. "Everything may change, but you and I will be in love forever." With that, she closes the letter.