Chapter 65

The first thing Uraraka remembers seeing was the endless darkness surrounding her. At the beginning, there was only silence, until muffled voices started echoing around her. They were familiar sounds to her, voices of people she knew. Though she couldn't figure out to who they belong to.

She felt a gentle warmth wrapping around her body. It protected her from all the terrible nightmares that hide in the dark, waiting for an opportunity to attack and swallow her. She really appreciated that warmth and carved for more of it. The voices started to get more clear and the darkness, as if it was thick layers of mist, started clearing up.

Now, the unrecognizable sounds became words she could understand, but didn't pay attention to them. A white light entered her vision and it was becoming brighter by the second. It engulfed her whole and then, she opened up her eyes. The brightness of the room forced her to close them up again. She groaned softly and heard the voices stop.

She reopened her eyes and looked around her. She was in a room, or office, strangely familiar to her but yet she couldn't pit point her location. "Where am I?", she asked more to herself that anyone else. She felt movement from her left side, only then noticing that was where the warmth was coming from. Confused, she turned to look at what the source was, only to find a hand, tightly holding into hers.

Slowly, she raised her head to be met with the green teary eyes of her friend's. Their gazes met and a big smile was formed to his face. She wasn't given time to react as she was engulfed into a hug. Her heart beat picked up in pace and a small blush appeared on her cheeks. She tried to hug him back, but found her hands restrained by the cables they were hooked in. So, she just leaned into his body, carving for his attention.

The boy had been mumbling something into her shoulder, though she couldn't understand it. Her ears were still ringing. She held tighter into his hand, hoping that would be enough to calm him down. A sob escaped his mouth as he squeezed her hand back.

Suddenly, there was a cough and Uraraka became aware of her surroundings. She raised her head and found three of the heroes looking at them, Nezu and Recovery Girl with smiles and Aizawa with an annoyed expression. A weight was lifted from her shoulders, now knowing that she was no longer with the villains.

Izuku released her from his embrace and looked away embarrassed. He was hiding his face from her while awkwardly scratching the back of his head. It had been a long while since she had seen him this flustered. To her dispair though, he had also let go of her hand.

She tried to seat up on her bed, but immediately, a sharp pain when through her back. She groaned and fell back down, trying to ease the burning sensation.

"Oh dear, please wait a moment!". The nurse rushed to one of the many counters and started searching for something in them. Hearing her groan, Izuku had snapped out of his embaraced state and was now looking at her concerned. "Are you alright Ochako?". She opened her mouth to answer, but her homeroom teacher cut her off. "You shouldn't move problem child no. 2. You took quite the beating".

She blinked, confused by her new nickname. "I'm-", she started coughing, her throat having dried down. Izuku reached for the glass of water by her side and handed it to her. She took it gladly and started taking large sips from the liquid, downing it almost immediately. The boy took the glass from her and put it back to the table. "Thank you", she said to him. He nodded, "You are welcome".

Recovery Girl returned by her side with a painkiller at hand. She handed it to the girl and Uraraka swallowed it. "It will ease up the pain, just give it some time. Now, how are you feeling my dear?". "I-i-i c-a-an-t f-ee-l m-my r-igh-t h-hand". Her voice was shaky and cracking. Probably an affect of her still sore throat. Everyone turned to look away from her. She noticed Izuku's hands grip into his trouser, avoiding her gaze. She started feeling scared.