Chapter 62

Izuku held her close to him. He wasn't going to let go of her, never again is he letting her go. He kept her tightly to his embrace, her head kindly put to lean into his chest. He let all of his warmth surround her, he wanted to make her feel safe, protected. Her one hand had been griping his clothing for a while now, refusing to let go of it no matter the cost. Izuku didn't want her to let go.

Her breathing had considerably slowed down, her muscles had relaxed and she was now sleeping peaceful into her friends hands. From Uraraka's other hand, blood was still dripping, creating a small path behind them. He had tried to sustain the bleeding with a piece of cloth he had found somewhere, though now it had been drenched enough that it couldn't hold the crimson liquid any longer. But that didn't really matter as he reached closer to their school, where they will be protected.

"We are almost there Ochako, just hold on for a while longer. I promise I will get you to safety". The girl snuggled closer to him, her hot breath hitting his chest and sending shivers through his whole body. He smiled at her as he moved one of his hand and gently brushed away the hair from her face. He quickly glanced behind him, checking to see if anyone had followed after them or the path of red drops. To his relief, it appeared that no one had, though he wasn't surprised by it.

The villains were probably mourning for their comrades death right now. He knew that, as heartless as they may appeared to be, they all cared for each other and so, they wouldn't just let the girl be. And, except from that, they didn't have a plan to go after them. They wouldn't need to follow after them to know that they are heading to UA. It was the most logical thing for them to do. But the villains couldn't just risk attacking the school or facing against a lot of pro heroes while chasing after them. Especially now that they were two members down. Izuku couldn't feel remorseful of what he had done.

He was snapped out of his thoughts the moment the huge building of UA became visible. He sped up a little, hurrying to arrive there as soon as possible. He just hoped that he wasn't late enough, that Recovery Girl could still stick the hand back. Deep inside his mind, a voice was shouting to him that it was impossible, that the hand had already been turned unusable a long time ago. The trip from the villains hideout to UA hadn't been a particularly short one. But he couldn't  give up on hope just like that. If there was even the slightest of chance that Recovery Girl could repair her hand, then he was willing to take it.

The closer they got to the faculty, the more anxious Izuku could feel himself getting about the inevitable. Going into UA with Uraraka and bringing her to the nurse meant revealing himself. And not only to one or two people but probably to all the heroes who were put into the mission of rescuing his friend and will have questions when they learn she was back to school. He had discussed about it with Uraraka and Shinso multiple times already and he knew that people would actually believe him this time. Though, he was still scared at the thought of doing it without Uraraka standing by his side. Silently, he wished that he would bump into Shinso or Aizawa who could take on the burden of explaining for him.

Once they reached outside the the entrance of UA, the boy had to calm himself down. He wasn't surprised to find the entrance of the wall closed, nor the advanced security that was added to it. After the students escaping with little to not difficulty and the threats of the villains about attacking the school, it was only natural that they would have updated their security system.

Searching through Uraraka's pockets, he hoped to find her student ID in order to open the gate. And to his surprise, he actually did, though he wasn't going to question how come the villains didn't take it from her or why did she had it along with her since she was expelled. He brought the card in front of the scanner like device, which approved the card, another surprise for the boy since, again, she had been expelled. The huge metal gate started to open and when the opening was just big enough for the two of them to go through, he shot in.