"I'm happy that things seemed to turn out well for you" Olivia smiles "and I don't want to upset you but we've discovered something and it could be very difficult for you but you deserve to know"

"What is it?" Antonella asks looking between the two.

"When we ran Alejandro's DNA through the system we got a match" Sonny tells her when he sees that Olivia is struggling "a paternal match to a suspect that we arrested in a trafficking case a few months ago"

"You know who Alejandro's father is?" Antonella asks tears beginning to gather in her brown eyes "who?"

"Antonella, is the name Jonathan Drake familiar to you?" Olivia asks, as soon as the younger woman hears the name she sucks in a large inhale of breath.

"Johnny D?" She asks wiping her cheek when a tear escapes "he's Alex's father?"

"Yes" Sonny nods.

"I was eleven the first time I met Johnny D, I was sold to him when I was first bought to New York. Eleven hundred dollars, thats how much I was worth." She confides "He always was the best at breaking girls in, first he'd force you to strip and then he'd chain you to a filthy bed and drug you up before he'd let the worst of his friends come in and do whatever they wanted to you. The first time I was with him I hadn't even started my period yet, I was still a child. It went on for three weeks before I was sold to somebody else. I was sold back to him at thirteen and shortly thereafter became pregnant with Alejandro, I always knew there was a possibility but never wanted to take a guess on who'd fathered him. He was mine and that was all that mattered. For so long though I was terrified that he could become even a little like whoever his father was, when he'd have tantrums or hit a kid on the playground. I was so afraid..." she cuts off as more tears fall down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Antonella" Olivia offers up.

"I'm not" Antonella gives a small smile giving what almost sounds like an exhale of relief "don't you understand? I was so afraid because I never knew exactly what to watch out for, they were all so evil but in so many different ways no now I know and I know Alejandro is nothing like Johnny D, maybe if I look close enough I could find some similar features but his heart is so good"

"There is something else..." Olivia admits and Sonny looks to her almost as though asking if she's sure she wants to share everything "there was another hit... a paternal half brother"

"Johnny has another child?" The woman asks though she doesn't seem so surprised.

"He does, his name is Noah and he is... he is the baby that I am in the process of adopting" Olivia admits "His mothers name was Ellie Porter.."

"The girl that got green lit?" Antonella asks "I heard about that, that poor girl."

"Noah is sweet and gentle" Olivia explains Antonella nodding with a soft smile.

"Alejandro was a sweet baby, Olivia you don't have to worry you know. I've lived it, worrying if they will turn out like him but look at my boy, he is good and kind and so so gentle. Johnny D is a psychopath but that absolutely does not mean any children he fathered are destined to turn out like him" Antonella gently tells the woman "especially not when that child has a mother like you"

"Thankyou" Olivia nods "listen if you're willing you might be asked to testify in the trial"

"To put Johnny away?" She asks "I've waited a long long time to hear that he's going down for what he did. For so long I was afraid to even say his name and then I didn't even see the point anymore but I'm not afraid anymore"

No more words are spoken when a sound from the elevator rings out and Alejandro strolls in coming to a stop when he sees who's sat with his mother.

"Mama?" He asks walking closer to the three hesitantly.

"It's okay mijo. Come here. There is something we need to talk about" Antonella tells the teenager holding out a hand motioning him closer.

"You two need to talk. I will call you tomorrow." Olivia tells the younger woman.

"Thankyou Olivia" Antonella smiles and Olivia begins to walk to the elevator before Antonella turns to the other detective "still on for dinner tomorrow?" She quietly asks and smiles when the man nods before he walks out leaving the mother and son to talk.

MICHAEL B JORDAN AS MICHAEL JAMES