Chapter 18- Tense and Suspicious.

Start from the beginning

Jacob smiled, even wider seeing Zach and Zaiden on either side of her, asleep. They both kept their distance, about a foot away from their sister, but each had a hand on her.

Zach's hand was holding hers, which was resting on the sheets. Brynn was facing him. And Zaiden's rested on the crease of her elbow, clinging on for dear life.

He wished the scene before him could be so bittersweet. Brothers just wanting to be close to their little sister. The couldn't be though.

Not with the handguns behind each brothers backs, ready for them to grab just incase.

Just incase.

---

The blaring of Brynn's alarm pierced through her ears. She shot up, reaching over for her phone to turn the alarm off. She was shocked to see it was seven thirty. Usually she was up far earlier than that. Her alarm was only set just in case she ever needed it. She didn't think she ever would.

She rubbed her eyes to get the gunk out and clear her vision. Once it cleared, she noticed that her bedroom door was wide open. Didn't she close that last night?

Maybe Callan or Brayden left it open when they came in.

Her covers were also nearly suffocating the lower half of her body. It took a while to properly shuffle out of them and when she did, and got off the bed, she winced at the pain that shot from her feet.

Going to the bathroom, she sat on the toilet to fully inspect them. They were really red and some of the skin was really hard. What happened to them?

She took a cloth from underneath the sink and rinsed it under the tap, carefully bringing it up to the sore skin and hissing when it made contact.

When her feet were as clean as she could get them, the entire cloth was rinsed and left to dry on the radiator. Brushing her teeth was next and then getting dressed. Once the school uniform was on, she, very slowly, rolled on socks, the only real pain being noticeable when she slipped her shoes on.

She got an idea. Going to her sock box, she pulled out some fluffy black ones and took the socks she had on off. The fluffy ones were slipped on and the plain ones were placed over, making the sting much more bearable.

Now she was dressed, and ready and the time only read seven fifty seven am. About the time Brayden likes them to be down for breakfast.

She did as she usually would, coming down to the kitchen only stopping when she got to the entrance. All her brothers were there, Brayden, Silas, Zach and Zaiden on the bar stools with their backs facing her.

Zayne stood on the other side of the island with his hands spread out on it, looking serious as always. Callan was on the side of the island, arms crossed and listening to whatever they were talking about and Ezra was getting a glass of water from the tap. Even Mika and Jacob were there, leaning next to the sink. The room smelled of cigarette smoke, ashtrays with cigarette ends in them all over the island.

They looked really serious, creating very unnerving energy around the room. Mika, Jacob and Zayne were all in their usual suits, except without their blazers and their sleeves rolled up to their elbows. The rest of them were still in their pyjamas. Brynn furrowed her face, wasn't it a school day?

Callan was the first to acknowledge the girl's presence. He was fully focused on Zayne until his eyes trailed to the entrance where she was. He didn't comprehend that she was there at first, not paying any mind and refocusing on Zayne.