The corridor towards his door seemed lengthy. The moment she reached his door and Ayaan rang bell, her eyes fluttered close.

“Hey! Come in. Come in” Danish opened the door. “Wow, Mahira you look beautiful”

Her eyelids fluttered open and she took in the man who stood at the entrance, dressed just like her friends, In Indian.

She frowned in confusion. They had pushed her to get change in this saree when she had selected a simple plain anarkali for the day. She had kept her mouth shut when they all had changed into traditional attires as well, when it was just a court Marriage.

Wasn’t they suppose to just sign and get done with the Marriage ?

She opened her mouth to Question him when her eyes zeroed behind, the apartment was decorated nice and beautiful. Her eyes widened seeing the walls adorned with flower dangles and lights.

“What…is all this ?” She asked surprised, her eyes taking in the commotion inside, turning to her friends she asked again getting smug smiles.

“You thought we’ll let you marry just like that ? A sign ? Come on Mahi you underestimate our love for you” Vandita bumped her shoulder.

“You belong with Spesh, you think you can have a dead and boring wedding ?” Sakshi cocked a brow playfully. 

“Yes!, This is our wedding gift to you Miss Bose” Yusra announced.

“Can we step in ? We don’t want her to marry on the threshold” Ayaan piped and Danish supported him, stepping aside.

Mahira cupped her face, taking in the place. The apartment transformed fully with flowers, curtains, wall lanterns and fairy lights.

The sofas were pushed to the side for a make-shift mandap, the pyre in the middle with all the sacred ingredients kept surrounding it. Two red pillow seats set at one side and a single wooden stool adjacent to it.

She pursed her lips shut, feeling overwhelmed she glance around to catch Palak waving at her. She removed her hand to wave back. She turned and looked back to the group, their faces stretched in big accomplished grins. She could make out some other faces from Spesh.

“Her face says she loves it” Ayaan commented.

“I..do.. Thank you guys” She licked her bottom lips.

Ayaan walked towards her and hugged from shoulders. “This is nothing infront of you Mahi”

She shook her head, words clogged her throat.

“Now you my lady need to stop thinking all of this, The groom will be walking out towards you any minute” Sakshi said tucking her hairs back, smoothening her saree, checking one last time.

“He is here” Danish announced and all eyes traveled to the man who stopped in his pace, eyes fixed on Mahira, taking in her form just like she stared him.

His eyes looked defined in his black sherwani, the velvet cloth hugging him, stretched at right places. The small rose on his chest made it look regal. His black polished chinos shined under the lights.

Mahira averted her gaze away from him but could feel his eyes burning holes, taking in her.

“Whipped” Danish muttered under his breath with a playful smile, loud enough for everyone to hear and burst out in chuckles.

She could feel her blood heating, rushing to her cheeks as she ducked her head and stared at the tiled floor.

“Pandit ji will be here…” Sakshi started when the door bell rung “…now. Take your place both of you”