And We Sang. Mid-year, 2012

One night at church, we sang together. I will never forget that one single night.

Youth night life. It was like a church service but for teenagers. Someone asked me to sing for the night and I said sure. I got to the church and my heart flipped when I saw that same familiar figure on the stage. It was him.

During practice, we all sang and messed around. He was setting up the microphones and I never noticed him standing behind me. I sat on one of the chairs.

"S'cuse me." he said in a deep voice. He put both of his arms around me and for a second I thought he was going to hug me but instead he placed the microphone in its holder in front of me. I didn't really mind, at least I could smell his cologne. I freaked out silently though.

After, we had dinner and before the service we prayed. He prayed first and what he prayed for nearly made me burst. He prayed for the service and the pastor but then he prayed for me. Just me and how bright and brave I was for leading with singing. How amazing I am, how I loved the colour green.

I prayed next but I could hardly get my words out. He made me speechless yet again. It was time for the service and the room filled up with lots of people.

Then we sang.

There were five people singing but his voice and mine was the loudest and strongest. You could hear the harmonies but our voices dominated. I thought this would never happen. I knew he could sing but I never knew he could sing that good. He also played guitar. The room was dark with a warm light at the front.  So for the rest of the night I pretended that this night was just me and him by ourselves singing the song 'I could sing of your love forever'. It was my favorite song and he chose that song beforehand.

I will never ever forget that night ever.