Part 18: Denver

"I don't get why I'm here

"I don't get why I'm here. I seriously would love just one day to do nothing. I'm a lazy person, Elena and you've been making me do so much." Rosa complained as she walked into the Salvatore house.

"You are coming with me so I can keep you safe." Rosa raised her eyebrow. "This way Klaus can't stop you in the middle of the road when you're unprotected." Rosa sighed as her sister walked her all the way to the Salvatores. "Stay here, I'm going to talk to Alaric."

"Got it...mom." Elena rolled her eyes and left.

As Rosa walks into the living room, not caring about Elena's rules she finds Stefan staring at the fire place. He doesn't even look up to greet her, he just stares. Rosa looks up to see Damon bringing down luggage. He gives Rosa a nod which she assumed was the best she would get for a greeting.

"You hear from Klaus." Damon asked her brother.

"Not yet. I'm sure I will soon though." Stefan picks up his white oak stake and Rosa studies it carefully. "He's expecting me to deliver two stakes, I only have one."

"Well, that's going to be disappointing for him." Damon said.

"I'll get it out of Alaric. I just need some time."

"I like the confidence, Stefan. I don't share it, but I like it."

"You don't think I can do what it takes?" Stefan asked his brother.

"Nope." Rosa answered. The two looked at her, different expressions shown on their faces. Stefan was irritated. He was not in the mood to babysit Rosa right now. Damon had a smirk on his face and clearly agreed with her.

"Well, you're good Stefan again. You're in control. Sorry, you might get the girl, but you lose the edge. Speaking of..." Elena entered the room just as Damon called it. "Have you ever flown first class?" He asked her which made Rosa look at them confused.

"Who did you compel for that?"

"Pft, please. I use miles." He said as he picked up the luggage and quickly left.

"Stefan..." She says softly.

"Be safe." He responded. Elena forces the smallest smile Rosa had ever seen before walking out the door.

Rosa looks at Stefan and then to Elena's back as she walks out. "I should...I should probably follow her." There was a moment of silence as the two stared at each other. "Ok then." She said before running out of the house to meet up with Elena and Damon. "So, where are we going?"

"No where—"

"To get little Gilbert." Damon cuts Elena off which earns the Elena an angry glare.

"You were going to get Jeremy without me?" She asked. "Why?"

"Because it may not be safe." Elena answered.

"I though the whole point of sending him away was that it was safe." Rosa commented. She was still annoyed with her sister. Jeremy was her little brother, too. It wasn't fair that Elena thought she could get Jeremy all by herself. "Ok, let's go."