Part 3: Compelled

Elena and Rosa were hiding behind a wall as they waited for Damon to return

Elena and Rosa were hiding behind a wall as they waited for Damon to return. Elena was holding a dart in her hand, but Rosalina didn't even bother to ask how she got that. Suddenly Damon walked through the door.

"Finally! I called you an hour ago!" Elena shouted as he walked into the room.

"Make yourself presentable. I know where Stefan's going to be tonight." He said. Elena sighed and looked behind the wall at her sister.

"Look we have a problem." Elena said. Damon looked at her and then behind the wall to see Rosalina silent, tears in her eyes. "She heard Klaus talking about Stefan killing people." She whispered quietly.

"Easy, I'll just compel her." Damon said.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. It doesn't feel right to keep doing that to her, plus she's wearing her necklace." Elena said.

"So get her to take it off and then let me do my thing."

"Fine." Elena turned to her sister and showed a kind smile. "Rosa, can I borrow your necklace." Rosalina just stared at her sister still in shock.

"Just rip it off." Elena shook her head, but did it anyway. Damon then placed his hands on Rosa's shoulders and began to compel her. "You don't remember anything about Stefan killing people. All you remember is that you and Elena had to hide while Stefan and Klaus came to his apartment." He looked at Rosa who no longer seemed to be in shock.

"Where's my necklace?" She asked.

"Here, the clip broke, but I fixed it." Elena said as she handed the necklace back to her sister.

"Thanks." Rosa mumbled.

"Ok back to tonight. Go pick out a dress and let's go." He said.

"I told you I was practically discovered by Klaus and you're worried about what I'm wearing?" Elena asked.

"Wait do you know who that other guy was?" Rosa asked.

"I had an hour to realize what a bad idea it was to leave you here alone, process it, and move on. Are you okay?" Damon asked ignoring Rosalina.

"Yeah." Elena responded.

"Ok, good. Get dressed. You're all road trippy and gross." Damon told her. "You too." He pointed at Rosa.

"So you know where he's going to be?" Elena asked.

"Yes so we'll distract Klaus and you deal with Stefan."

"Ok. Thank you." Elena replied.

Damon leaned closer to Elena so Rosa couldn't hear them and said, "But you're going to have about five minutes tops before that hybrid freak rips my heart out. So please, tell me you can do this."

"I can do this." Elena responded.

"Elena why are we hiding again?" Rosalina asked as they hid behind a car.