The storm

"Uh!" I wake up after Momo jumps on my stomach.

"What happened? Did we get captured again?" Sokka groggily sat up, holding his boomerang and a knife after being awoken by Momo as well.

"It's nothing. I just had a bad dream." Aang explained, "go back to sleep."

"You don't have to tell me twice." Sokka laid back down onto his sleeping bag. I stood up from snuggling next to Appa's fur and walked towards Aang.

"You okay, Aang?" I sat beside him.

"I'm ok." He answered and flashed a weak smile that I could tell was forced.

"You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately. Do you want to talk about it?"

"I think I just need some rest."

"You guys want to hear about my dream?" Sokka sat up and asked enthusiastically.

"Love the enthusiasm, but not right now, I'll love to hear about it in the morning though." I smiled.

"Alright." He laid back down in his sleeping bag.

"Aang move over." He did as I said and I laid next to him and opened my arms. He snuggled up next to me and I hugged him. "Goodnight, Aang."

"Goodnight, Y/N."

"Look at those clear skies, buddy." Aang spoke to Appa. "Should be some smooth flying."

"Well, we'd better smoothly fly ourselves to a market because we're out of food." Katara said as she walked up Appa's tail and got on the saddle.

"Guys, wait, this was in my dream. We shouldn't go to the market." Sokka said.

"What happened in your dream?" Katara asked.

"Food eats people!" He replied in a creepy voice.

"Yea... and a carrot ate me when I picked it up." I added, already knowing what happened in his dream.

"Gone, but not forgotten." He flapped his hands to imitate wings, "also, Momo could talk." He turned towards Momo, "You said some very unkind things." Momo's ears droop and he chatters sadly.

"Aw c'mon, Momo would never." I open my arms and Momo flies to me, "you dream is a bad representation of who Momo truly is, isn't that right Momo?" I gently rubbed his back and Momo chattered in agreement. "See?"

"If Momo could talk, I bet he would say what he said in my dream word for word."

"Who says he can't?" I shrugged and Momo brought his finger up to his move in a shhh gesture.

Sokka gasped loudly and dramatically and then slid over to us. "Momo, if you can actually talk, your secret's safe with me, you know that right?"

"Yea yea yea" I playfully roll my eyes, "too bad for you, Momo only trusts me."

Sokka gasps once again and puts his hand over his chest, "Momo, what about me?" Momo chatters and turns his head away from Sokka and I laugh.

We stopped at a port town to go grocery shopping.

"It's good, it's perfect, I'm telling you." The vendor told Katara as Katara shook the melon she was holding. I look at all the food the vendor stall has and gulp. 'I'm so hungry.'

"I don't know if I like the sound of that swishing." Katara replied.

"Swishing means it's ripe. It's the ripe juices swishing around." The lady told Katara.

"I think it's true, Katara. Swishing means it's ripe." Aang added.

"I just realized we're out of money, anyway." Katara puts the melon back. The vendor scowls and snatches a basket of fruit Sokka was holding and kicks him. I giggle at the scene.