Jet

I was sitting on the floor with the rest of the gaang. We made a stop inside of a forest to let Appa rest.

"Where's Momo?" Aang asked as he glanced around looking for Momo. I shrugged in response and started to glance around as well. Katara and Sokka also started to look around to see if they could spot Momo until we all heard a loud screech. We all turned towards the direction where the screech came from. I stood up and started walking towards the sound and the others followed. We eventually reached the place where the sound was coming from and we looked up. Multiple animals were stuck in cages hanging from trees, one of them being Momo.

"Hang on Momo!" I said as I airbended myself to the tree branch that Momo's cage was hanging from. Aang followed after me and we lowered the ropes while Katara and Sokka opened the cages, releasing the animals inside of them. We jumped down from the tree and looked at the cages.

"These are fire nation traps." Sokka stated as he inspected one of the cages, "You can tell from the metalwork. We better pack up camp and get moving."

We walked back to our camp, packed things up and started to put them on top of Appa's saddle. "Uh-uh! No flying this time." Sokka said.

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asked.

"Think about it. Somehow prince Zuko and the fire nation keep finding us. It's because they can spot Appa, he's just too noticeable." Sokka explained.

"What? Appa's not too noticeable." Katara countered.

"I hate to say it, but a ten ton flying bison isn't exactly discreet." I replied.

"Exactly! He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kind of hard to miss him." Sokka added. Appa growled in response.

"Sokka's just jealous because he doesn't have an arrow." Aang said as he patted Appa.

"Well, I wouldn't say fluffy monster, more like an overgrown puppy." I stated.

"Overgrown puppy, fluffy monster, same thing." He replied, "I know you all want to fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk."

"Who made you the boss?" Katara asked.

"I'm not the boss, I'm the leader." Sokka replied.

"You're the leader? But your voice still cracks." She said.

"I'm the oldest and I'm a warrior! So I'm the leader." He rebutted while trying to make his voice deeper.

"Y/n's the same age as you and she's a better fighter, so if anything she's the leader!" Katara argued back.

"Well I hate to interrupt and as much as I agree with Katara's last statement, I think we should listen to Sokka. It's true, Zuko and his army keep finding us, so maybe walking will be a good change of pace." I said as I slung my bags on my back.

"Hmm, now that it's coming from Y/N, it sounds more convincing." Katara replied as she grabbed her bags.

"Really?" Sokka let out a frustrated groan and started walking.

"Who knows? Walking might be fun." Aang said as he followed after Sokka.

"Walking stinks!" Aang complained, "How did people go anywhere without a flying bison?"

"Tell me about it." I said while sitting on top of an air scooter I generated. 'Since it's slower than a regular air scooter it lasts up to 2 minutes before I have to create another one.' I internally smiled at the fact I didn't have to walk.

"I don't know, Aang. Why don't you ask Sokka's instincts and our leader." Katara replied as she glanced at my air scooter, "They seem to know everything."