27

Todoroki's POV
We woke up early in the morning. The sun had barely risen so the sky was still dark. The air was cool and damp with the dew from the night before. With everyone half asleep it was quiet while we packed our sleeping bags and ate a quick breakfast. We went to the stables and got our horses. With our belongings secured we left the quiet town.

After a moment or two Iida and Midoriya started talking, breaking the silence. I hated the jealousy that burned in my chest. We were finally going home, I should've felt happy. Instead jealousy made me feel bitter and irritated.

Not long after Kirishima and Bakugou started chatting too. They held hands unless they need to support themselves climbing through rocky areas. Even though Iida and Midoriya didn't confirm their relationship and they weren't acting like a couple yet, even so, I was starting to feel like a fifth wheel.

Another thing that didn't help my sour mood was how Midoriya was acting around me. He seemed nervous and he kept glancing at me like he wanted to talk but decided against it last minute. Did I do something wrong? Could I have possibly offended him on accident? I wanted to ask what was wrong but he was already so nervous.

When we stopped for lunch we were close to the plains we traveled across before the mountain terrain. While I ate I noticed Iida pulled Midoriya away from the group. They had a conversation but I couldn't hear what they said. I knew I shouldn't eavesdrop but I couldn't help but watch their expressions change.

Iida said something and Midoriya's face turned bright red. He began shaking his head and frantically waving his hands in front of his face. Iida continued, he looked like a parent scolding their child. Midoriya hid his face in his hands. Their conversation didn't last much longer and they began to walk back. I quickly looked away from the like I wasn't watching them.

They sat with Kirishima, Bakugou, and I. Midoriya was glancing nervously at me and he blushed dark red when our eyes accidentally met. He looked at Iida who gave him an encouraging nod. Midoriya took a deep breath and looked at me.

"I-I need to talk to you," He gulped.

"Okay," I nodded and stood up. He lead me away from the others to a more secluded area, where the other three couldn't see us. Was he going to tell me why he's been nervous all morning? Or maybe he wanted to tell me about him and Iida?

"I-I um," He looked everywhere except for me, his eyes constantly darting around. His hands were fidgety too.

"This is harder than I thought it'd be," He chuckled uneasily, "I really really like you, and I understand if you don't feel the same or if you don't even like guys, but I wanted to tell you because, like you said, you deserve to know, and I hope we can still be friends if you don't return my feelings." I doubted he breathed while he rushed out his words.

My mind had trouble processing what he said. He likes me too? When I didn't respond, his nervousness was replaced by sadness and he looked down.

"I thought you liked Iida," I blurted out.

"What? Why did you think that?" He asked.

"You wanted to talk to him yesterday and you seemed really nervous. I remember when you told me about your crush," I said.

"Oh," He laughed awkwardly, "I was actually asking him about you." His face was a rosy pink.

"I like you too," I said with a smile. He grinned hugged me tightly. I didn't hesitate to return it. My mind was like mush and my entire body was buzzing. During the walk back I felt like I was floating.

As soon as we could see the others I whispered, "Do you want to tell the others?"

"If you want to," He replied quietly. I nodded.