I Wish Were A Better Man

I loved you; But you walked away from me.

Wishing you were here, I know I'm probably better off without you; it only causes me pain and heartbreak every time I think about you.
I wish you came back; I have questions about why you left me alone when I needed you most.
So quiet now; I'm just glad you are gone from my life, but I'll never forget what you did to me!
Hell, I should've left you and looked for the warning signs of a player like you!

You were so sweet and loving; I just wish you were still the person you were before.
Off and on relationships; you played me, hurt me and my mind is full of questions for you!
Use to be free; but I'm alone and haunted because of you and your lies!

Wishing everything was the same as before; but you left me so alone, now I'm crying in the club while dancing with strangers.
Everything is fading away; I'm fading away quickly, I need you now, why would you hurt me like that?!
Running to every bar and club in town, I cry while dancing with me and my girls.
Everything is spinning out of control; I'm lost in the crowd, lost in my broken heart and tears; But I cry not for you, but for my strength and confidence is coming back to me.

After going through all this alone, I realized that I'm better off on my own.

Best to stick to myself; I wish you were a better man.
Everything is crumbling underneath my feet and I'm falling apart again and again; I don't know how to move on without you, even if you hurt me and everything crashed and burned, but I'm still strong enough to stand my ground!
Telling myself I'm better off without you; I'm doing better than I ever have now that you're gone!
Telling myself that I should move on with my life, find someone else better than you.
Everything falls apart eventually; but I'm used to it, use to the pain and heartache, but you never loved me, if you wanted my heart, you should've proved it to me if you loved me.
Running for cover whenever you're around; trying to avoid conflict and pain and heartbreak, it's time I moved on from your lies and secrets you kept from me.

Musical sad songs play on my phone, I see your text; but I'm not coming back to me after what you did behind my back.
After every memory passed through my mind was the hardest, But what hurts the most was letting you go to move on with my life, even if it kills me to leave you; I wish you were a better man.