fifty four

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

Kwon Ho Chang didn't really know how he'd address the situation to his daughter. How so? He's a straight forwarded man, he goes after he wants, he talks whenever he wants to yet still, the thought of his own daughter lying to him hurt him. Believe it or not --- Ye Ji's the only person he treasured.

He's scared that she wouldn't have a bright future so he tries his best to make her like him so in that way he have an assurance that Ye Ji wouldn't end up a pure failure. All his life, he's done nothing  but be who his parents wanted him to be. He's wasn't really one who seek for his parents' affection and such. It's not like he really cared, from his point of view what his parents did is good as he turned out to be a successful man now. And so he copied his parents' parenting.

When he found out about Ye Ji --- he wanted her to be the most beautiful star there ever is. Shine brighter than the rest, be better than anyone else and be a young lady who's open minded and brilliant in so many ways.

And Ye Ji is brilliant.

She won every competition he had put her to. Studied when he tells her to, attend all of the extra classes, academies that he had enrolled her to. She took ballet and did a little bit of figure skating when he told her that she needed those so that she'd be perfect for the university he wanted her to attend.

All of those --- he did everything he could for Ye Ji to have a good and successful life.

So yes, he is hurt that Ye Ji hid things behind his back.

Why would she do such thing? That's what he does not understand. He swore he did everything to be the best father he can be to Ye Ji. He was there for her starting from when her mother left her at the hospital.

He did wish to have a much closer relationship with her although the works under his company makes it hard to do so. He had to sleep at the hotel, barely go home although he always makes sure he's always there in Ye Ji's volleyball games and the business travels he had to attend to keep his company in line. All of the things he's doing is for Ye Ji's future. The heir of the Kwon's. He wanted her to be ready for that.

For her to successfully aim everything he had planned out for her.

Everything. Everything is for his Ye Ji.

" did you know? " He spoke narrowing his eyes at his brother who he had visited in the JBC building. Earning a confused look from Sang Hwi, he sighed. " Ye Ji have a boyfriend "