Chapter sixty four

Raven's POV

I try to keep close enough to Scarlett to watch out for her but she's doing well, she's been manipulating the light and shadows as well as air flow around us to help give us an advantage.
Having said that it doesn't mean that we are invulnerable. We lost Shawn a little while ago, he saved his older brother Ryan, who is currently ripping any dark witches apart that he can.
I know this loss weighs heavily on us, Ryan most of all but we can't afford to falter right now. Scar has used her spirit ability to help focus us again, especially Ryan that way Shawn's sacrifice won't be in vain.

I just ripped the throat out of a dark witch going after Scarlett when the ground begins to shake.

"THE SEAL IS BROKEN! EVERYONE GET BACK!!" Scarlett yells through our link and our group moves quickly away from the epicenter.

"Guys you need to leave, I have to focus on making sure that they don't escape!" Scarlett says with determination and I tell everyone else to get going.

"Rave you too," she huffs at me and I shift back, "I'm not going anywhere so save your energy," I say and she rolls her eyes knowing that I'm not going anywhere.

The dark witches are so busy celebrating their "accomplishment" that they fail to realize their mistake and are soon killed and devoured.

"Well at least I don't have to kill them now," I whisper smirking.

Scarlett doesn't say anything as she is concentrating on putting a barrier around the island so that the Dreggs cannot escape.

Here we go our final show down with the greatest evil our world has ever known, Goddess be with us.

Dev's POV

I did it I killed that piece of shit Rohan, he got my side pretty good but our friends were able to fix my side. The fighting continued but is dieing down here.

No word from Raven and Scarlett's group yet but there was an earthquake a few minutes ago and that doesn't bode well.

I just checked on Mick, he's the one who is Rohan's daughter's mate. He's going to make it, and with intense physical therapy he will regain the full use of his arm.

Leaving the med tent I see Leon, Yen and the others that went with Raven and Scarlett earlier but no Raven and Scarlett.

I run to them, "where are they?" I say starting to panic.

"They made us leave.... to protect us," Leon says in frustration.

I understand his feelings and their's but I don't get to dwell on it as the island is swallowed up by a barrier.

"Holy shit that was Scarlett right?" I ask no one in particular.

"I believe so," Ryan says with a tight gruff voice and I look at him and realize he is carrying his brother.

"Is he?" I start to ask but the look of pure sorrow in his eyes answers my question.

"I'm sorry for your loss Ryan, come let's take him to the med tent," I say and he gives me a questioning look.

"They have a place for our fallen, they will look after him till his body can be properly buried," I tell him and he nods and quietly moves to the med tent carrying his brother with care.

"Shawn saved Ryan from being stabbed with a silver dagger. Ryan has always been protective of him and Shawn in turn always idolized Ryan as his hero. I'm worried about him," Yen says standing next to me.

"It will definitely be difficult for him but just let him know his brother wouldn't want him to mourn forever, we can just be there for him that's all," I say and look Yen over he's in need of treatment as well but other than the loss of Shawn their injuries are not that severe.

Catching me assessing them Leon tells me how Scarlett did her best to keep them safe. "Especially after Shawn was lost, she even tried to revive him," Leon says, "but she said that the Goddess told her he was safe with her."

Wow, our friend is amazing but I hope she's not over doing it.

Stealth Witch's POV

I just finished healing Alpha Sally when a warrior came in holding another with great care.

I moved to check him when he asked where he may lay his brother's body.

Understanding I asked him to follow me, I took him to the tent specifically for our fallen.

We have put each of our fallen comrades into a special type of coffin, it preserves them so that they they won't be ravaged by time. In addition to that after saying a certain spell, each one will immediately be transported to the pack hospital's morgue of their home.

Opening the coffin for the warrior I step back to give him room, when I see the face of his fallen brother.

I gasped, and the warrior looked at me. I paid him no mind as I looked at the face of the man that I had once cared so deeply for.

With tears falling from my eyes I reached out and caressed his face, a sob escaped me and I fell to me knees.

"You knew my brother?" He asked me sounding confused.

"I met him at university.... I loved him. but...then I met my mate. My mate made me leave. I should have stayed." I cry remembering how my exmate was so jealous that he wouldn't let me say goodbye to Shawn.

"Are you Zoe?" His brother asks in a quiet voice and I nod. "He had loved you too, but he also met his mate that year after you left, but she had a chosen and rejected Shawn. I think it was his love for you that kept him sane. So thankyou for loving him and letting him love you."

Together we sit with Shawn and recall special memories of our times with him, till I'm summoned to help another. Leaning forward I kiss Shawn on the forehead and say goodbye. I whisper to him that I hope to meet him again in the next life.

Getting up I say bye to his brother and head off to my next patient.