Chapter fifty three

I wake up feeling like a million bucks, I stretch my arms above my head then look around.

Raven is lightly snoring next to me, he's laying on his back, with his face turned towards me. He looks so peaceful I don't want to wake him, he seems like he needs the sleep.

Checking the time I see it's only seven thirty, I carefully slide out of bed and head to the bathroom. After I'm done with my business I come out and see Rave reaching for me in his sleep. Before I can get to him, he pops strait up and I can see his panic.

"I'm here I had to use the bathroom," I say and he looks at me relieved.

"Come back to bed please it's too early still," Rave asks and I crawl in next to him.

Holding me gently he brings me close, I rest my hand over his heart and we fall back asleep.

We slept maybe an hour more before our pups woke us again and we went to see to them together.

Raven's POV

Man I slept great last night, knowing that my family is here safe. I feel like I can breathe again.
Waking up kinda sucked though, I couldn't feel Scar's warmth so I reached for her but she wasn't there. I immediately shot up fearing something happened or ... but before my mind could run away with any doomed scenarios she called out to me.
"I'm here, I had to use the bathroom," she says and my head whips in the direction of her voice and I see her.
My heart rate slows to normal and I tell her it's too early to be up and to come back to bed.
She walks to the bed and crawls in, holding her to my side she places her hand over my heart and we fall asleep again.

Our babies wake us maybe an hour later but at least we got another hour. We both got up and begin taking care of our children.

While we feed them I ask Scar to take it easy.

"Babe, I have to start my balance training, ok granted I have no idea what that means but I promise to be careful and limit my time to four hours ok.

Sighing I have a feeling this might be the best deal I'm gonna get, "three hours," I try haggling with her.

"One hour meditating and three actual hours of work," she says.

Sighing I agree and she beams at me.

When I walk in my office the guys are there already, "did you guys not sleep?" I ask.

"We did we're just trying to get a head start," Yen says going through reports on how the cleanup went.

The guys are a great help, with everything going on, it's been a load off my shoulders knowing that I can count on them.

Scarlett's POV

The kids were not letting me out of their sight, they would all start screaming as soon as I left the room.

"Martha would you mind setting up the playpen outside where they can see me?" I ask and she agrees.

It ended up that Jackie brought Justin, and Sylvi brought her four kiddos the girls worked on making flower crowns. Miller decided to play with the babies making funny faces making them laugh.

Isla and Jenny also were sitting with them, Jenny eyes would scan our surroundings every so often.

"Ok let's start meditating," Sabrina says and we sit and begin to clear our minds. For the next hour we meditate to the sounds of babies giggling, and feeling a gentle breeze.

"Ok time to train," Sabrina says.

"Ok balance training, does that mean I have to stand so I don't fall or..." Sabrina cracks up laughing before I finish talking.

"Sorry, no it's not exactly balance training but light and shadow. You will be able to effect how others observe light and shadow," she says wiggling her eyebrows making me laugh.

"Ok how should I start with this training?" I'm intrigued.

"Ok you're going to focus on me, then you are going to make me see what it looks like on a cloudy day. Once you've got that down we will try other things, ok" Sabrina says confident in my ability to do this.

Three hours have passed since we have started and I've made the light change for her six times already. From a cloudy day, sunrise, sunset, midnight, midday, to late afternoon.

I'm honestly getting a little tired, which is probably why an irate Raven is heading our way.

"I thought we agreed to four hours?" He says crossing his arms just as my timer goes off.

"We did and my time just ran out," I say then stretch.

"If y'all will excuse me I have a face time to get to with the other elders in fifteen minutes," Sabrina excuses herself.

"Sorry I thought you forgot," Raven says and I hold out my hand so he can help me up. Lifting me up I hug him and he relaxes.

"You are very tense," I say looking up at him with my chin on his chest. "Did something happen?" I ask worried.

He takes a breath letting it out in a rush, "no I just... needed a moment to be with you and know you're ok. Mom and the others brought the kids in two hours ago. Mom told me," he says at my puzzled look.

"Oh...do you want to take a nap with me?" I ask hoping he says yes.

Nodding he lifts me carrying me inside, we past some pack members who panic thinking I'm hurt and we tell them I'm just sleepy. Moving past them Raven climbs the stairs and when we get to our floor we run into Martha out side the nursery.

"Are you ok Scarlett," she asks worried.

"She's fine just tired, how are the kids mom?" Rave ask as I rest against him.

"They are napping I just got them to sleep, so you have about an hour before they wake up," she smiles, "do you need anything from the store before I go?"

"Icecream," I mumble falling asleep in Rave's arms and he laughs remembering my icecream cravings from before.