Chapter thirteen

By the time we pulled up to the pack house we had finished our breakfast, on the way here we discussed the preparations for my ceremony.

Earlier

After I'm officially brought in we are going to introduce Leon as well.

"Are you nervous about it babe?" Raven had peeked at me.

"Maybe a little I'm more or less just wanting it to be done already," I had told him.

"Me too" he had smiled, "So who is helping plan this thing?"

"Jackie, ofcourse and Sylvia had offered to help out and she said she would bring Millie to help out also. It should be good for her. At least I hope it is," I say, I send a prayer to the Goddess for guidance.

"Oh mom and dad should be back from Australia in three days maybe mom can lend a hand," Raven says while taking the turn off the highway.

"I haven't seen them in months now, how are they doing? Do you think they will accept us together?" Now I'm nervous again.

"Well the last post card they sent said dad got a sunburn on his ass because he fell asleep on the beach sans his shorts, thank all that's holy that they didn't send a picture with it. As for us being together my mom always said you would make a great mate for whomever snagged you. I think she wished it was me. Dad openly told me you would be a better Luna than Wendy could ever be. So yeah I think they will be happy," my anxiety starts to fade a bit but It'll be fine, right?

Now

Sighing I stretch, "how much time till they get here?" I look at Raven.

"Dunno yet, let's go ask Jackie and see what she knows."

We walk into the pack house listening to see what's going on around us. Some of the high school kids are heading to the movies to check out the latest action flick. Some of the younger kiddos are heading for their training session with their instructors.

As a rule everyone learns self defense when they are still fairly young pups. I know what it's like to be defenseless so when I first came here and I saw that they taught their young to protect themselves I knew I found a pack worth being in.

"Scar... Scarlett," Raven pulls me out of my thoughts, "I'm sorry what?"

"What's wrong?" His look of concern melts me.

"Nothing, I was just thinking how when I first came here, I knew that I could call you guys friends and family. That I would be safe here," he kisses me softly and leans his head on mine.

"Ahem, sorry to interrupt, but the Alphas will be here in fifteen minutes, should I show them to the conference room?" Yen is smiling at us from the stairs.

"Sounds good" Raven says then turns to me, "let's go get our professional attire on and head to the conference room." I nod and we head to our room here.

After changing into some slacks and a nice blouse I'm basically ready. Raven changes into a navy blue suit with a white shirt and an open collar. If I didn't KNOW we had company coming, I would make sure we were. "wink wink"

Anyway after we changed our clothes we went to the conference room. Jackie and Leon were already there, Leon looked professional/casual with a dark blazer and charcoal colored v neck shirt, Jackie had on what I like to call her battle chic clothes on. It was a black fitted halter type of top, knowing her, she would also have fitted pants that were flexible enough to do gymnastics in but sturdy enough to block blades thrown at her. As for her shoes I'll only know if I look, shes one to keep you on your toes.

Raven takes his seat at the head of the table and I take the seat to his side.
"Yen is showing our guest here I presume?" He asks in his professional voice, he must be preparing himself for the meeting we are about to have.

"Yes Alpha," Leon answers, looks like I better get myself in the right head space as well.

The door opens to Yen announcing our guests, "Alpha Roger of Darkwook pack, Alpha Steven of Greenwick pack, Alpha Sally of Savehaven pack, Alpha Rohan of Snowpaw pack and his daughter, Alpha Falcon of Lightwing pack, and Alpha and Luna Loewe of Fullmoon pack.
The Alpha's all file in and sit down around the table, Yen closes the door and moves to his seat next to Leon.

"Who are those two?" Alpha Rohan asked pointing at me and Leon.

"This is my mate and Luna Scarlett and my brother in law Leon, I advise you show respect," Raven growls not liking Rohan's tone.

"So you're the reason that worthless piece of shit used my daughter!" He stands shouting at me.

Even before Raven can say anything I use my Luna voice, "You are a guest on our lands you will show respect or there will be consequences do you understand?" By the end I'm standing with my teeth elongated. He glares at me but resumes his seat. I feel my teeth change back and address his comment, "first of all he rejected me a little over two years ago so what he does or doesn't do has nothing to do with me, as for your daughter I have a feeling you're the one to push her into it." I look at her and see that I'm right, I can tell she wishes to be else where.

"Whose going to want her now?" He yells at me.

He just closed his mouth when the door burst open pulling our attention to Delta Mick.

"MATE"

Mick and Alpha Rohan's daughter say at the same time. She looks shyly at Mick and he has the biggest smile on his face.

"My daughter is not mating anyone lower status than her!" He growled out.

"Who are you to defy the Moon Goddess' decision for them if they are happy?" I ask in a quiet tone.

"SHE IS MINE!" Mick growls.

Rohan looks like he wants to RIP him apart but before he can his daughter gets up and stands in front of Mick, "my father made me sleep with Alpha Maverick and he took my virginity. If you still want me, my name is Isla Deen." She says leaving the choice to Mick who immediately takes her hands, "I, Mick Tuttle Delta of the Crimson Moonlight pack accept you Isla Deen as my mate and Delta female." Her smile is blinding, "I, Isla Deen of Snowpaw pack accept you Mick Tuttle as my mate and Delta male!" She crys hugging him.

All of us have smiles and are happy for them, well all of us but her father who gets up and leaves, slamming the door on his way out making Raven and I growl.