Chapter forty five

How?! How is this happening???

"How are you alive?" I ask scrambling to get up and away, which is difficult when your limbs feel like lead weights.

"Scarlett, honey you're finally awake! What do you mean how am I alive? Why wouldn't I be? I'm not the one who fell out of that tall ass tree hitting my head, I told you not to climb it. Not to mention as my mate that hurts that you think I was dead and don't really seem sad about it," Maverick says sad and confused.

"Oh God am I dead? did I die?" I yell.

"Scarlett calm down what's the matter with you?" Maverick moves towards me but I pitch over backwards to get away from him.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I scream, his face contorts with sadness, pain, and confusion.

"Why? You are my mate and I love you, why are you pulling away from me? What did I do wrong?" He sounds sad and frustrated.

"What's with all the yelling in here?"

Looking at the door I once again feel like I got ice water thrown at me. "Mary?" I choke out.

"Scarlett what's the matter? Why are you looking at me like you've just seen a ghost?" Mary asks.

"You..you died when I was twelve, how are you here?" I whisper as tears fall down my cheeks.

"Maverick what is she talking about?" Mary asks perplexed.

"I don't know but apparently I also am supposed to have died, but where she look at you with sadness and love, I got fear and anger." He says softly with anger entering his voice.

"Scarlett please sit down and explain what you think has happened to us," Mary asks.

Warily I sit on the bed as Mary and Maverick sit in the chairs next to the bed I woke in. I eye them both for a minute then I begin with, how Mary died. Needless to say they were shocked, "why would I ever do that I have a mate named John, he's the pack doctor I met him at a medical conference when you were eleven remember?" She asks.

"No, this must be like some kind of alternate reality or something because my Mary was killed by rogues. The Maverick I knew believed the lie that I knew of his father's indiscretions. He turned his back on me, he would abuse me mentally, physically, and emotionally. Then we found out that we were mates and he rejected me, but by then I was only thankful for his rejection because it meant I could finally be free. I left without a backwards glance and I couldn't be happier. I have a mate who I love with all of my heart and he loves me, and we have four beautiful children." I say with pride as Maverick snarls standing, "YOU ARE MINE!"

"NO I'M NOT!!!" I yell back moving away from him.

"Ok stop, both of you sit please," Mary says trying to deescalate the situation.

"No! I'm her mate, I love her.... I would never do such horrible things. The thought of Scarlett with someone else..." he stops talking and we can see him fighting with his wolf for control.

"You are mine and I am yours Scarlett, I love you with every fiber of my being. I won't lose you to anyone else, and I would never hurt you like that," Maverick says with conviction and tears in his eyes, because I still won't go near him.

He leaves the room reluctantly and Mary stays with me. "I don't know where you got all these crazy ideas but maybe you hit your head harder than we thought, don't worry we'll figure this out." Smiling she gets up and leaves.

Clearly they don't believe me, Goddess help me!

Raven's POV

It's been two days...Scarlett has been trapped in this spell and all I can do is sit here.

"How are you holding up son?" My dad asks me, he comes in holding Azure. My family has been helping out with my pups, I feel so helpless.

"Why does this kinda... crap keep happening?" Checking my language at the last second, the last thing I need is my son's first word to be "shit".

"I don't know son, but you will get through this," he says patting my back.

I take my son from him and hold him close. Our pups can tell something is wrong by how anxious we all are. Azure reaches up and holds my face, he coos to me like he's telling me it's going to be ok. I kiss his cheek and he snuggles into me.

"Thankyou son daddy needed that," I say patting his back.

"Dev called, they finally finished with everything, they even gave those unfortunate souls proper funerals, even though most didn't deserve them," my dad mutters the last part.

"That's not like you dad," I comment and he just shrugs.

"It is when they hurt the people I love," he deadpans.

"Remind me never to get on your bad side," I say and he chuckles at me. "How did Alpha Steven's son take the news do you know?" I've been worried about the kid, but haven't had the chance to check on him with everything happening here.

"Dev and Alpha Sally went to see him and bring his father's remains to him. They told him that should he need anything the Alliance would be there for him. They said he was doing well considering, for now we need to focus on what comes next." My dad says with a grim look on his face.

"Time to pry answers from our captive," I say not really liking what I'm going to have to do, I'm not a cruel person but if I have to hurt that bitch to get answers I'm going to.

"You don't have to do it, I can or someone else, I don't want you to have to get your hands dirty like this," my dad says with his hand on my shoulder as if to hold me down.

"I'm Alpha, it's my responsibility, more importantly it's to gain knowledge of what she did to my mate and Luna," standing I pass my son to my dad. I kiss Scar and whisper, "I love you" before I go.

I leave the room and make my way to the dungeons, contrary to popular belief, we keep ours clean and our prisoners (should we have them), well taken care of.

Well usually, in this case our prisoner is strapped to a silver chair with wolfsbane cords. Not only that but magic sealing cuffs, and from the looks of her my sister has been here. She had made the mistake of letting Jackie know she loves her hair. So naturally Jackie gave her a fucked up hair cut. Seriously, she's just going to have to shave it and start over.

She looks up when I enter, her face is covered with dry tear stains.

"What do you want?" She splits out.

Pissed I give her an evil smile and she flinches, "I want you to tell me what you have done to my mate and how to reverse it. If you don't well I'll just have to get creative," my voice and demeanor have her frightened I can smell it. I may not be a cruel person but if you hurt my loved ones I will be.

Time to find out how cruel I have to be.