VOLUME 3 Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

"Not gonna lie, woman, you need to hold back a bit. I'm also a man, you know? Hearing you say that gets me riled up."

"Oh my exactly why? I'm not gonna eat my Masters flesh. I am aware that you're still afraid of me still, even a bit. I won't push things as I said."

"Is this contract like... superficial or is this like a real thing?"

"AHAHAHA! Superficial? If you would've said such things to me, I'd already cut your tongue. But, since you're my Lord. I'll answer you clearly. This contract is a real thing indeed, I cannot go against the wishes of the one who defeated me. Hence, you. If you say don't drink human blood, I'm forced to go find another source of food instead."

"I see, well. We have some food here. You're gonna love my signature Beef Steak."

"I look forward to it. Though I'm used to having a glass of special wine with me, something new wouldn't hurt."

"Now you're getting in the spirit! Let's hope the town they said is actually close. It's been a few days now and the village's food is either a hit or miss for me."

"So far, I liked the food. The curry from the previous village was extremely good, I'd like to try cooking something like that."

"Ohhh, a Vampire cooking human food. That'd be a sight to see."

The Knight then looks at his back and checks on the sleeping Bahamut. Poking her small armored body and the little dragon lets out a cutesy moan and stretches its body and wings. But rather than waking up, it goes balls around itself once again and sleeps.

"So much for being my trusty companion. Hays. Well, can you tell me the story of this contract thing? Where did it originate?"

"It's actually a slave contract cursed into the very species. It's back then, weaponized by the Hunters Guilds and entire Associations to use on Demons and Beasts that they've beaten."

"Are these Hunters humans?"

"Mostly, yes. Humans are fragile creatures, yet their feeble bodies don't stop them from becoming very deadly creatures that can stand toe to toe with the other far more superior species."

"Yeah, we have a guild like that too in Tur. But not that serious, interesting though that this contract thing is that big."

"It is, though it's been thousands of years, M'Lord. We truly do not know if it's still active or even real at this point. But, the rumors and stories of what happens to vampires who dare dislodge this contract. It's better not to say, the Ancient Queen, the Primordial one is better to be left alone and her story done."

"What? Why? Is it some serious thing? Just say it. I'm all ears and riding around on a horse isn't really that interesting. It also helps me take away the pain in my back from having to stand straight up for so long."

"Heavens be M'Lord. Aren't you used to being on a horse? How did you even become a Knight if thou wert unable to ride one for a prolonged amount of time?"

"There's usually Portals, you know? The Architectural Guilds put a lot of effort in connecting all the main continents and major Chosen One settlements into one another to help with the traveling."

"Then why haven't I seen one being used? Does your castle have one?"

"Eldwood's castle? No. Hassan wants us as off the grid as possible. The nearest one is a few kilometers from the forest itself. And for the portals, well the problem stems from the fact that only major settlements connected to Mana Cores seem to have been teleported. Normal settlements and towns where most of them are located didn't."