The Backroom

Roquefort sat at the counter in the bar. His finger traced the glass in front of him.
"Wow. Not a single sip of your drink. What's wrong?" Sparkling Cookie asked.
"I kinda... accidentally... confronted Almond about not telling me." Roquefort said and winced as Sparkling Cookie whistled.
"I can only imagine how that went."
"How what went?" Mint Cookie asked joining them at the counter. Vampire Cookie followed behind him.
"Oh great now we have a crowd." Roquefort said and banged his head against the counter.
"It's nothing." He said through a sigh.
"Doesn't seem like nothing." Vampire Cookie stated and took a sip of his grape juice. Roquefort glared daggers at them both.
"Come on. Why don't you just tell us? Maybe we can help." Mint said. Roquefort scoffed.
"I doubt it." He said and stared at the counter.
"Come on guys. It's about something that Roquefort and I are working on. It's totally boring." Sparkling said.
Mint raised an eyebrow.
"Than why won't you tell us about it?" He said.
"Oh gosh! I'm trying to figure out Almonds past. There! Happy?" Roquefort said and rubbed his temples.
"What's there to figure out?" Vampire asked and leaned against the counter.
Roquefort continued to explain what he had seen in the room and what happened during the chase.
"Dang." Mint said and whistled.
"Maybe Latte knows?" He said.
"No she doesn't know. There's only one other cookie that knows and that's Penne. I don't think you wanna ask her though." Sparkling said.
"Why?" Roquefort asked.
"She just gets a little bit... aggressive." Sparkling said.
"I think I'll be able to handle it Sparkling."
"Well ok. Don't say I didn't warn you though."
"I don't think I will." Roquefort said and left.
Mint looked at Sparkling with knowing smile.
"He has no idea." He said to Sparkling.
"Nope."

Roquefort walked into Pennes restuarant and was immediately greeted by Penne.
"Greetings and welcome to Pennes restuarant. How many will we be serving today?" She said in her booming and cheerful voice.
"I'm just here to ask a few questions." Roquefort said walking up to the podium Penne leaned on. Pennes face turned dark.
"I'll have you know, young man, that I only answer the questions I want to. There is a line for questions that you do not cross. Understand?" She said.
"Uh yeah sure. I just have a question about Almond Cookies wife."
"You crossed the line! One question and you're already over! Aye aye aye! Out now! Off you go!" Penne said and started to usher Roquefort out. "Woah hey wait!" Roquefort said and stood his ground. Penne rolled her eyes. "Baguette!" She called and a server immediately came up with a long loaf of bread. "What are ya gonna do, hit me with it?" Roquefort asked sarcastically.
She hit him with the baguette.
"Ow! Hey what is that thing made of?!" He exclaimed.
"Out now!"
"I'm a friend!"
"Aye aye aye! This one doesn't listen!" She smacked him harder this time.
"I'm just worried that's all! He's been a little off lately!"
Penne went quiet.
"Has he?" She asked pointing her baguette at Roquefort threatening.
"Yes! I'm just trying to help."
Penne lowered her weapon and stared at Roquefort for a second.
"In the backroom. This kind of thing should not be discussed in public." She whispered and started to walk away. Roquefort followed after her, rubbing his head.

Roquefort sat across from Penne. A young man walked up with an iPad.
"I want to know everything about him." Penne whispered to the young man.
"Got it Chief." The young man said and later returned.
"Uh Chief?" He then whispered something in Pennes ear. Roquefort didn't know what he whispered but it must've been bad because Penne started to glare daggers at him.
"Oh I see what this is." She said.
"Uh... ok?" Roquefort said.
Penne stood up and grabbed her baguette.
"How dare you. Come in here and try to get me to spill. Acting like your a friend." Penne scoffed.
"OK? What did I do?"
"I know everything, Phantom Bleu."
Roquefort sucked in a breath.
"Oh no, no, no, that's not what this is." Roquefort said quickly.
"Right, and I'm supposed to believe that." Penne said and pointed the baguette at Roquefort once again.
"Trying to use me to get to his emotional center! Despicable!"
"No-Now wait a second! Me and Almond are working together on a case!"
Penne scoffed.
"I know Almond. He would never ask a, a criminal for help!"
"Uh Chief? Actually, that might be true." The young man said and Penne whipped her head around. She walked over in annoyance. They whispered something and she turned back to Roquefort.
She sighed.
"I will not answer your questions. I believe it would just make him worse. I swore to never tell a soul and I always, always keep my word." She eventually said and pointed to the door.
"Leave."
Roquefort did the one thing he doesn't usually do. With no comment, he conceded and left.