"Taehyun had a panic attack when you called early today to let us know you were coming," Yeonjun explained. "He's still traumatized about the entire thing."

"I understand," Jimin said comfortingly. "His mental health is important."

The three Hybrids take their seats in the living room. Yeonjun sits next to Soobin, placing a comforting hand on the Bunny's leg, while Namjoon and Jimin take a seat across from the two Hybrids.

"Hello Soobin," said Namjoon gently. "I'm Detective Kim Namjoon and this is my partner Park Jimin." Jimin waved with a soft smile. "We just wanted to talk to you about the incident about a little over nearly two years ago, if that's alright."

Soobin gave a nod.

"Can you just run us through what happened that night?" Jimin asked softly.

"Isn't that already in your files?" Yeonjun asked, worried that reliving the event would bring back any trauma that his mate might have.

"We do have the rough outline of what happened, but sometimes survivors do remember things later on that they weren't able to during the initial incident," Namjoon explained gently.

"Alright," Soobin said quietly. Then he took a deep breath. "It was raining really hard. Taehyun had cram school, so I volunteered to pick him up. It was late and Taehyun never really liked the thunder. When I was going to the cram school, I noticed that there was this black van that seemed to be parked oddly."

"Why did it seem odd to you?" Jimin asked as Namjoon was busy taking notes.

"Because it was a no-parking area and they were parked in the opposite direction of the road. Almost like they were going the wrong way down the street," Soobin added. Then he continued on with his story. "After I picked up Taehyun, we started to walk back towards our home. We had to pass by the car and... that's when it happened." Soobin took in a sharp breath and closed his eyes tightly. 

"Suddenly the back door opened and just these people started rushing out of the back. They were dressed in all black with masks and hats. I couldn't tell if they were Human or Hybrid or both. It just all happened so fast. They grabbed ahold of us and tried to force us into the van," Soobin was slightly shaking as he recounted the story. "I don't know what happened, maybe I screamed or maybe it was Taehyun who screamed, but out of nowhere this girl came and kicked one of the men. She told us to call the cops while she was protecting us. She was amazing, she took on three people on her own. Making sure that they weren't getting anywhere near us as Taehyun was calling the cops."

"Oh!" Soobin suddenly exclaimed. "I think one of them was a Hybrid."

"What makes you say that?"

"He growled," Soobin explained. "Like really growled like an animal. You know the deep chest growls that only Hybrids make?"

Namjoon and Jimin nodded.

"Do you happen to remember the type of Hybrid he was?" Namjoon asked.

"No, but I do remember spots," Soobin said after taking a moment to think. "Yeah. I think one of the people had spots."

"So either a Leopard, a Jaguar, a Cheetah, or even a Hyena," Namjoon told Jimin as he began jotting the Hybrid types down. 

"We can't rule out Dalmatian Hybrids as well," Jimin noted causing Namjoon to nod.

Then the two detectives turned their attention back to Soobin. "Sorry, you can continue." 

"I think one of the people said something that made the girl mad," Soobin informed them. "I don't remember exactly what he said, but the girl started going after him only. The others began to get back into the van. I think they realized that we called the cops and that they would be caught if they stayed. But anyway, she grabbed the one guy and started beating the shit out of him until the police arrived."

After Soobin finished telling his story, he seemed to relax a lot more than before. A small smile on his face, as he was proud of himself for being able to retell the story without breaking down.

"Thank you for your cooperation," Namjoon said honestly.

"Was I able to help, in any way?" Soobin asked shyly.

"More than you know," Jimin nodded with a smile.

"We just have another question, if you don't mind?" Namjoon asked. When Soobin nodded, Namjoon asked his question. "Were you ever approached by the police to take your statement of that night?"

"Yes," Soobin answered almost immediately.

"Multiple times, actually," Yeonjun said with a frown. "Made Soobin and Taehyun relive that night more than once."

Namjoon and Jimin exchanged looks. If they were questioned and the detectives took statements from them, why weren't there any documentation of that?

"Do you remember the name of the Detective that was in charge of your case?" Namjoon asked.

Soobin shook his head. "The only thing I remember about the Detective was that he was a human."

"Thank you for taking your time to talk to us," Jimin said with a smile. "If there's anything you need. Please don't hesitate to call us." Jimin and Namjoon both handed their business cards to Yeonjun and Soobin.

"So," Jimin said with a frown as soon as they were in the car.

"So," Namjoon echoed. "It's highly likely that the Leopard Hybrid that tried to kidnap Jungkook and Taehyung also tried to kidnap Soobin and Taehyun."

"That also explains how it seemed like the Leopard Hybrid knew Y/N and went after her," Jimin said with an even deeper frown.

"She was the only thing that caused them to fail the kidnapping. It's possible that the Leopard Hybrid wanted revenge," Namjoon nodded in agreement. "And it looks like we have a new lead," Namjoon said in a hopeful voice. "We know that there really is a mole in the Hybrid Unit, and that he's a Human."

There were 4 Humans working in the Hybrid Unit full time. Jaebum, Felix, Rowoon, and Hongseok. They knew that Felix couldn't have been the detective in question as he was the newest recruit who only joined a couple of months after Jimin and Namjoon.

"The only question is who is it?" Jimin added.

"I have no clue," Namjoon sighed.

☆