21

Chapter 21 | No More
[Y/N]

The sunlight hitting my face woke me up from my slumber. It was already 11 am. I didn't really have a set schedule of when I would wake up, but I wanted to wake up early. I wanted to see my mates off as they go to work, but it looks like I woke up a little too late for that.

Mates.

The word alone made the corner of my lips turn upward slightly. In all honesty, I don't think I ever fully understood why mates were such a big deal for Hybrids and Humans. But knowing that there were people that will always love and cherish you and vice versa, made everything seem brighter. Like every colour was brighter and more vivid than before. 

I was surprised to see that my mates had already had a room prepared for me when I arrived the day before. I couldn't help but smile at the kind gesture of my mates. They were thoughtful and caring. Every single one of them. I felt truly blessed to be mated to them.

After I got ready to start the day, my hand naturally went to the Scent Blockers that I always have with me. I have never been anywhere without putting on Scent Blockers. Even in prison, I wore Scent Blockers.

"Scents are very important to us, being able to scent each other is the very foundation of bonding with our mates."

I remember Eunwoo telling me about how important scents are to Hybrids. I bit my lower lip hesitantly. Should I stop? Will I be able to stop?

All my life I had been afraid of my own scent. When I was younger, I never thought of using Scent Blockers. Then everything went downhill, and I realized how dangerous scents could be. Especially with Hybrids.

I knew that with me finding my mates, I should stop using my Scent Blockers because scenting is a basic need of Hybrids. But when I realized that Chanseong was behind my attack, my anxiety that I kept well hidden came back in an instant.

I didn't know if Chanseong recognized me. I definitely didn't recognize him. He changed so much in the 12 years since I last saw him. His eyes certainly didn't show any recognition on his part, so needless to say, I am terrified that he might recognize me through my scent.

For some reason, he was after me now, even without remembering me from 12 years ago. If he finds out who I am, I'm terrified of the things that he will be capable of now that he has found his mates, who just happen to be one of the richest and most powerful people in South Korea. 

"Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is acting in spite of fear," I muttered to myself, hoping to boost my courage as I do the unthinkable.

I left my room. For the first time in 12 years, I did not wear the Scent Blockers of my own volition. Taking in a deep breath, to calm my nerves, I opened the door and headed downstairs. I could smell food coming from the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen and I saw the broad back of one of my mates. He was humming as he was cooking the food. Suddenly, he started to sniff the air and turned around to see me.

[Seokjin]

As Seokjin was cooking, a sudden waft of Strawberries filled his nostrils. Mate. The single word rang through his mind as he continued to sniff. He knew immediately that it was his newest mate. You. Quickly he turned around. Unable to believe that you would be standing there without having your Scent Blocker on.

But sure enough, you were there.

"Oppa, you didn't go to work today?" You asked.

He nods as he lowers the heat on the stove and walked towards you. Still working on believing that you were standing there, trusting him and his other mates enough that you wouldn't be wearing your Scent Blockers.