Chapter 5: I Almost Kill Myself With My Presents and I Become Part of a Family

Beginne am Anfang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is nothing wrong with you Izuku. You just went through something called 'Marie Antoinette Syndrome.' It is defined as the unexplainable loss of pigment in the hair. The pigment in your hair is what gives it color. Even with today's modern medicine, it is rather unexplained." This calmed me down and I said, "Thank Dr. Nara." "Izuku how many times do I have to tell you that you can call me Shikamaru." "More than a few thousand." "So troublesome." "Bye, Dr. Nara." "Bye boss." "Bye Hinata." Hinata then smiled and said, "I guess I was right. Nothing is wrong with you." I sighed and replied," I get it. You were right and I was wrong."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with a start. While I wasn't excited for school, everyone started making fun of my hair, I was excited for after school. I was finally going to be able to see Mr. Di Angelo again.

It was going to be awesome. I was finally going to have my complaining partner back. Just had to get through 8 hours of school. It wasn't that hard. The switch from physical bullying to name-calling made my week a lot better. Mostly because the taunt was unoriginal, "Hey Snow-white, how are the 7 dwarfs." Or, "Hey Snow where is your prince charming." It was refreshing to only be called names instead of being beaten up half to death.

I was finally able to say something positive instead of always complaining. Let's skip to after school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Mr. Di Angelo how was your winter." "Oh, he-," but he cut himself off when he saw my hair. "What happened to your hair." "Nothing much, just something called 'Marie Antoinette Syndrome'. It turned my hair snow white. Looks pretty cool doesn't it." "I guess." "You don't like it." "No, I like it. I just liked your other hair better." "Oh, well how was your winter." He scowled and said, "If it was just my wife it would've been fine, but no my mother-in-law just had to come. She always said I'm not good enough for her or that she should've married someone else. It may not seems like it, but it hurts. All those insults, after years, are finally starting to hurt." "I get it, but have you ever wondered why she does it." "Isn't it obvious? She hates me. Just like everyone else." "Maybe, maybe not. Is she her first kid?" "Her only one." "Then she probably feels like you took her away from her. She misses her. Mothers are supposed to have unconditional love after all." His face softened and said, "Maybe. I just wish she would talk to me and we could come to an agreement." "Have you guys ever thought how Persephone feels? She isn't an object. Maybe if you both asked her what she thinks you would both be happy." "I guess we should. How are you so smart for a kid?" "You spend a lot of time in your head when you don't have friends." "Yeah. I do too. How about you. How was your winter?" "It was great I made a new friend named Khione. She was cold but nice. She had an ice quirk. She could do so much it was awesome. We met up every day. In that short time, she became like a sister or cousin. The weirdest thing though. She said 'Bless', like you did before winter. I don't know why though." ''Uh, maybe she is from Greece. People from Greece do that a lot with people who they wish good fortune." "That makes sense."

We spent the rest of the day talking like usual. It was fun, he even asked when my birthday was. I couldn't say no so I responded, "It's June 15."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next time we met the only thing he talked about was how good my advice was. Turns out his mother-in-law did feel he was taking her baby girl away from her and was mad about it. Then they talked to Persephone and came to an agreement. She could come over any time as long as she stopped making fun of him, and if she didn't want to come Persephone would come over every weekend and Wednesday.