Not meant to be (JJ x reader, Rafe x reader) part 5

"Thanks for picking me up this late night JJ," I said as I got into the passenger seat of the car.

"It's not a problem,I was awake anyways."

"Who's car is this?" I asked.

"This is John B's Twinkie. She's old but still is great."
"But um what's wrong,why are you at the hospital?"

"Rafe, he-he overdosed on coke today."
"I found him on his bed completely unresponsive," I tried to held back my tears thinking about what happened only a few hours back.

" Oh shit Y/N, is he ok?"

"He's stable for now."
"I know you hate him JJ, and I am sorry I gave you so much trouble in the middle of the night."

"Y/N listen to me, I know Rafe and I don't get along considering the whole Pogue vs Kook thing,but I care about you and I know you care about Rafe. That's what matters,"he said as he held my hand to comfort me.

"Hey can we go to a quiet place and just sit or something, I don't want to go home,not just yet."

"Yeah sure, I know just the right spot,"he said and started driving.

"How come I have lived my whole life and never knew of this place?" I asked as I got down from the car and stood in front of the docks.

"It's on the cut Y/N."

I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Me and the Pogues hangout here 24/7. John B's chateau is right there," he pointed behind us.

"C'mon," he grabbed my hand as we sat on the dock,our legs dangling above the water.

There was a quiet silence between us.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me.

"I just I hate feeling like this JJ."

"I hate feeling so helpless or vulnerable or weak."

He nodded asking me to continue.

"I am pretty sure I have cried way too much these last few days then my entire 17 years."

"Everyone that I have ever loved has well left me except my parents,Sarah and Rafe."
"And I know Rafe is like your number one enemy,but he's not like that when he's with me. That's just the Kook pressure getting to him.
And a part of me just feels like this is my fault."

"Hey c'mon it's not your fault," JJ wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"No I think it is,I-I didn't pay him enough attention, I should have been there to him. I should have been able to protect him. He's my best friend."

"Y/N you can't save everyone ok. And you can't undo the past. But you can be there for him now right."

"I really hate crying man," I said and he chuckled.

"It just makes me feel more stupid."

"You are not stupid Y/N."

"Here let's lay down."
"Trust me when you are sad,looking at the sky helps."

We both lay next to each other looking at the sky.

"Thank you JJ."

"For what?"

"For being here for me."

He intertwined our fingers. A gesture of him which I had gotten used to within a day. I wrapped my arms around his waist and lay my head on his lap. We lay there quietly without any words exchanged. After sometime he dropped me back to my house. And I bid him goodbye with a kiss on the cheek.