Chapter 22: Our day

Dean

4 days later

"Good morning my beautiful baby sister. Oh, I see you've made breakfast".

Walking into the living room, my eyes fell on Lucy tucking into a self made breakfast of dry cheerios, a jar of nutella and a pile of raisins on the cushion with her feet swinging off the edge of the much larger sofa.

"Yah, here?" Lucy raised a brow whilst holding up a handful of raisins with a dollop of nutella on them.

"Y-yeah, um that's very kind, but no thank you" I tried smiling through the unpleasant sight of her breakfast.

Lucy rolled her eyes and shoved the handful in her mouth whilst focusing back to the TV.

"Oh, what are you watching?" I asked with a smile as I sat down beside her.

"You, you, you, you, fuck off, fuck off, fuck off. Look at this. The fish is so fucking raw that it's still finding Nemo. GET OUT!" Gordon Ramsay shouted from the TV.

Grabbing the remote control faster than I could blink, I pressed down on the power button hoping Lucy wouldn't repeat Gordon Ramsay's colourful vocabulary. But to my relief, Lucy was more interested putting nutella on a cheerio before finishing it off with a raisin.

"Lucy".

Lucy frowned whilst poking her tongue out as she attempted to perfect her little breakfast tower.

"Hey, Lucy!" I repeated whilst poking her head.

"Quiet. I busy" she frowned even deeper before putting the raisin in the exact place she wanted it to be.

Collapsing back on the sofa, I looked out the window desperate to get out.

It had been 4 whole days since I killed those 3 scum and it seemed as if no-one cared. No investigation, no report. Literally nothing.

4 days of suffocating Lucy in fears of the police storming the house and taking me away. I slept in her bed with her in my arms. Of course, I was far too big for her princess bed, but I couldn't care less. Lucy loved her room and asking her to stay in mine was selfish.

As images of their dead bloodied bodies started to invade my mind, a little body jumped into my arms and I saw Lucy smiling at me with chocolate round her mouth.

"Yes?" she finally answered with a cheeky smirk as if she knew exactly what she was doing.

"How's about we go out for the day. Let's have a Lucy day and do whatever you want".

James had gotten hold of my parent's inheritance and as our legal guardian it was handed to Maria to keep it safe. I trusted her and after several meetings we agreed that a monthly allowance would be transferred to me until I was old enough to take it for Lucy and I. 

Although I didn't really care for money. What else did I need. I had a roof over my head, food on the table and standard clothes. But I'd make sure to give Lucy the world. I'd use the money to try and help give her the best start in life. 

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Pasta? Princess? Park?" she asked whilst stroking away the loose strands of hair away from my eyes.

"Sounds like a plan. But of course, we need to get you ready for the day little lady. You know what that means. Bath time" I growled out whilst bringing my wiggling fingers towards her tummy.

"NOOOOOO. AHHHHHH" she screamed as she scrambled off my lap and ran out of the room with every intention of running from me, the tickle monster.

********************