"Good evening. I hope you are enjoying your night so far at La Bonne Nuit. As it is Saturday night, Josie and the Pussycats will be performing. But tonight is special because another close friend of mine is opening up tonight's entertainment as a surprise to her significant other."

Toni could hear every word Veronica was saying in her introduction. She'd asked the heiress to ad-lib her usual introduction to get Cheryl to realize that it was Toni singing for her. Cheryl's ears perked up at that, immediately racking her brain for who would be on stage right now, coloring her intrigued.

"They're my favorite couple and Riverdale High's ultimate power couple. I adore seeing them love each other so openly even after all the obstacles that were thrown their way." The Vixen's dark chocolate orbs grew about one hundred times their size when she finally understood that Veronica was speaking about her and Toni. The shock was clearly written all over her face. Their friends were also shocked out in the crowd and glanced at the Blossom heiress. "Cheryl, your cherie is performing a Toni Topaz original, Wrong Places." Veronica clapped her hands for a round of applause while exiting off the stage. Toni could only smile at that opening and placed her hands exactly where the first chord she would strum to start her song.

The curtain slowly started parting down the middle when the Serpent started strumming a tune no one had heard before. It had a R&B feel to it. The track Toni had produced fell in perfect time with her playing. It took a lot for her to go to Josie and ask for her help. Josie had been really helpful in the coming weeks especially the more she freaked out almost every other day about going through with it. She'd never performed in front of an audience before with all the equipment and stage setup. Luckily Josie had kept it simple for her and just helped her figure out the logistics between her playing live and the track that would be playing simultaneously.

Josie had warned her about the stage lights and Toni finally understood. Toni could hardly see anyone in the crowd but she could always find Cheryl. The ivory princess was staring in awe at her on stage and smiled so hard it looked like it split her face in half. The Serpent took in a deep breath and let the well practiced lyrics and notes fly.

Mm, show me, mm
Looking for love in all the wrong places
Looking for us in all the wrong faces (Faces)
I'm always looking for lust when I'm wine-drunk and faded
Looking for love, I think we should make it

The audience started to sway to the easy going guitar notes that could captivate you into thinking of that special someone. Cheryl's eyes immediately started to tear up because her lover's voice was so smooth and hypnotizing while the lyrics were simply added to her vibe on stage. The Serpent Queen was being so vulnerable in this moment it made her heart swell with so much love and pride.

'Cause I've been feeling lonely
Hold me (Hold me)
Tell me that you think I'm pretty
Show me how to love and then
Show me how to love again, oh, mm

Toni kept her eyes on her girlfriend while she sang. She couldn't care less about anyone else's reaction to her song except Cheryl's. It was for her after all and a testament to their relationship. The Serpent was so guarded when they'd first started dating. It played into her mysteriousness but it wasn't a good long term quality to have and the Vixen had called her out on it. But the sassy, smart, powerful heiress showed her the way by simply loving her with no boundaries.

I was once told I'm too young to settle
But age ain't a thing, I'm just too sentimental (Sentimental)
Looking for someone to write all the words to my instrumental, yeah
And if I give you my heart, promise you'll be gentle

A tear fell from the corner of Cheryl's eye at that line in that verse. It was a silent plea from her girlfriend that she'd spoken in real time. It was right after Toni had been able to use those three big words that once kept her girlfriend terrified. For once Toni left herself defenseless and let Cheryl in completely but still begged to not be intentionally hurt.