Xxx

Toni was nervous on stage. She was standing behind the curtain at La Bonne Nuit. Veronica had yet to come on stage to introduce her. The Serpent attempted to glance through the crack and see if she could spot her girlfriend. This was a new experience and scared the shit out of her but it also kept her heart pumping heavily in her chest. It's a surprise to not only Cheryl but any of her friends that were sitting out in the audience tonight. It took quite a bit of begging on her part to make sure Ronnie kept her secret until the night came.

She didn't share her music with many people, even those closest to her. Her friends knew she could harmonize well with songs on the radio, play a few chords on the guitar and even dance but sharing her most intimate lyrics and produced tunes made her feel vulnerable. She never revealed her hidden talent openly. Plus what if nobody liked it? What if no one cared for her lyrics? What if Cheryl hated her song? She'd let Cheryl hear her put a tune together or read a few lines of her written lyrics but never a whole produced song.

It wasn't until she started dating Cheryl that Toni could really crank out songs. She's got a whole log of them on her laptop that she'd been sitting on for a long time. Before that, all she could write about was her heartbreak over losing her parents and the pain it caused or her abuse with her ass of an uncle or the amount of times she'd been burned by past relationships. Unfortunately the Serpent Queen had a long running list before the HBIC entered her life. Things just never aligned with another person the same way it has with Cheryl. Guys and girls in Toni's past were missing key pieces she needed in a relationship -- communication, out of the closet, caring, supportive, affection. It made her previous flames leave her high and dry when she was hoping for more while Toni loved deeply every single fucking time. But it didn't matter anymore, all her poetry and songs came from a place that only Cheryl could take her to.

Took some convincing but Toni got to plan their free weekend together. Friday night, they'd gotten take out from Pop's and had a movie marathon with their friends at Thistlehouse. Saturday, they'd had a day filled with each other -- a casual breakfast in bed, a quick lunch just to stay bare of any clothing all day except dragging a bedsheet around all day, and a romantic dinner under the rose covered pergola on the back patio of Thistlehouse. Aside from devouring each other as a result of multiple orgasms, they'd watched some tv, talked about mundane things and whispers of deep love, and stayed tightly snuggled together. It was the most glorious and calming weekend they've had in a while with no interruptions from family or friends, no work, no school work, no Serpent business. Just Cheryl and Toni.

After dinner, as the couple dressed up to the nines while they devoured some drinks, danced, and had fun with the crew at La Bonne Nuit. But sitting there waiting on stage had Toni's hands perspiring while having her guitar loosely across her lap. The microphone was set in front of her while she sat on a stool. Either way she knew the only person she'd actually be singing for is Cheryl. Hopefully she loved this song as much as she loved putting it together. The lyrics came easy and when she had the chance to pick up her guitar without anyone around, she found a natural way of working around chords that she deemed fit for her words. She'd recorded what she could put together on her phone in a hidden memo and listened to it when she could then lay the track with it.

Veronica sashayed her way up to the stage and tapped on the mic to gather the audience's attention. She was in a classic silk fitting black dress with an off the shoulder strap with her signature pearls adoring her olive neck. Everyone quieted down their chatter and turned towards the stage. Cheryl smiled as one of her best friends started off the music. The redhead had no clue who was behind that dark burgundy curtain but she had the best seat in the house, front and center stage. She swirled her head around seeing if her girlfriend was coming back with their drinks.