Chapter 10

We flash back to when Chairman Jang had proudly presented his findings to Joon-woo and Wusang: four of the victims’ family members helped Jipuragi commit the arson at Babel’s warehouse. He found evidence through hacking their texts and social media. Joon-woo and Chairman Jang decided to “vent their anger” by eliminating the arsonists and Jong-moon.

As Vincenzo watches the officers collect evidence from the scene, he flashes back to murders he committed in Italy. He’d shot one man in his car. Beside the dead man, we see a hand clutching a teddy bear. Vincenzo’s eyes had widened when he looked inside.

The police plan to close the case as mass suicide – one of the victims even sent a goodbye text to Cha-young. Despite Cha-young’s pleas, they refuse to consider any other possibility. In the mortuary, Vincenzo tells Cha-young not to feel guilty since the victims wanted to help fight Babel.

Vincenzo is determined to act according to his own principles and make the perpetrators pay for taking innocent lives. When Cha-young signals she’s all in, Vincenzo advises her revenge works best with a “cold heart.” Upstairs, the cops ready to report to Wusang that they’ve gotten rid of the evidence.

The tenants hear about what’s happened and are shocked and angered by Babel’s cruelty. Cheol-wook brings up the possibility that by refusing to move, they could be on Babel’s hitlist. They start to panic and decide that only Vincenzo can keep them safe

At Wusang, Attorney Han panics about his and Myung-hee’s safety given how many people Babel has offed recently. Myung-hee reminds him that there’s no way out for them – they know Joon-woo’s real identity.

Over at Jipuragi, Vincenzo tells Cha-young that he’s planning to kill the real chairman once they find him. She supports him and gives him permission to break their promise of not hurting people.

They start by tailing Cha-young’s ex-colleague and the cops he’s in charge of paying off. Vincenzo approaches the cops as they count their money on a rooftop and snaps a photo. He then gives them a beatdown. They wake up tied to chairs high up on what looks like a construction site.

After a few kicks send their chairs closer to the edge, they agree to get Vincenzo the full case file. Cha-young emerges and gives them one final kick that lands them precariously close to the ledge, and they agree to Vincenzo’s second term: resigning after their mission is complete.

Elsewhere, Attorney Han decides to make a move and throw his support behind Chairman Jang. But when he brings up the idea of Chairman Jang taking Babel for himself, it doesn’t go over well. Chairman Jang yells at him for asking him to betray his brother and insists he’s not cut out to be the real chairman.

Chairman Jang is taken aback by Attorney Han’s impassioned speech about how Babel needs a real leader who doesn’t just kill people. He can’t keep the smile off his face at all the flattery and ends up comforting Attorney Han when he breaks down in tears.

While Cha-young muses about how serious Vincenzo was about killing the chairman, Young-woon tries to bring Vincenzo’s attention back to the gold situation. They need to vacate Nanyak Temple. Vincenzo promises to handle it but needs more time. Young-woon is not that patient and secretly reports Nanyak Temple as corrupt.

Later, Vincenzo gets a call from an Italian friend who alerts him that a Korean person has been asking around about him. When Vincenzo gets home, he’s surprised to find Cha-young there. She fibs that her windows weren’t finished, so he agrees to let her stay.