If I can't perform multiple techniques to showcase my skills, I need to perform that one technique to blow them away.

Blowing them away would be a huge overstatement, but I did need some technique above B rank to prove my ability. Water prison was rarely used in spars, and even more rare in Konoha itself.

Whatever fire techniques came my way were all dissipated once in contact with the water prison. It was matter of time, I was on the defensive, letting him go offensive before I caught the significant drop in his chakra. Simultaneously, I dropped the prison on myself and controlled my chakra, casting a water prison on my opponent's face. I could not hold two water prisons at the same time.

My chakra was running low, I had to finish this in one go. The shock my opponent felt at the sudden attack rendered him useless for one second, and it was in that second that I launched a water attack on his arm, drawing blood.

"Match over." The referee said, eyeing me through his mask.

I wobbled back to the line, watching the remaining matches. As far as I could tell, there was one other girl apart from me, looking to be in her late teens. The rest were men, ranging from lanky teens currently going through puberty, to grown men.

When the matches were over, seven of us were standing. The other three were knocked out.

"Time for round two." The referee's gruff voice resounded the room.

All seven of us froze. Round two?

The first two opponents called took their places at the front and began fighting each other with even more ferocity than the first round.

I frowned, catching on. The winner isn't one who draws the first blood or knocks the other person out first, the winner is the last one standing.

I watched as the black-haired boy was declared the winner, his opponent clutching his bleeding arm. The both of them returned to line.

I shook my head. No. To find the last one standing, you need to knock your opponent out. My chakra was fast depleting, there was no way I'd last more than 2 matches. The red-haired boy beside me, my previous opponent, was called up next.

"Knock your opponent out." I whispered. His steps faltered for a millisecond before he took his stance at the center.

Not knowing if he believed my words or if it was more convenient, he knocked his opponent unconscious.

The referee pointed at me, indicating I was up next. Bukijutsu- weapon techniques. I smiled, using chakra blades can help alleviate my chakra use. Unfortunately, my dreams are short lived.

"No chakra blades." The referee grunted. He tossed both me and my opponent, the only other girl, tanto. "Only tanto and other weapons in the weapon punch are allowed."

I frowned. Though not my first choice, I had practiced with tanto before. It was Shisui's weapon of choice, as well as Itachi's, so it was inevitable that I would be taught some moves. Some- as in the most basic moves, like how to hold a tanto.

This was the difficult part. A weapon spar was so much easier to draw blood than to knock them unconscious, especially when you need to knock your opponent unconscious and avoid being cut.

I fumbled around inside my weapon pouch the moment the match started, drawing what I needed. I ducked the onslaught of kunai rain, and clashed my tanto against hers.

She was bigger than me, had more muscle than me. But the good thing about weapon spars was that they almost always come with taijutsu.

I utilized my small size and speed, dodging her attacks and moving backwards, going on defensive. I was fast, but I could tell she was also fast, swinging her weapon with practiced ease. I could feel satisfaction rolling off her in waves once she realized she could corner me.