Chapter 25: life.

Rose sat up on a tree. Swaying her legs back and forth, the golden hour of the day.

A group of boys talked behind her, they were enjoying themselves. Two full months of taking care of them, they were now slowly turning into actual people, though most of their orginal character traits stayed the same.

A sudden pain came rushing to her head, it was different. It wasn't right.

"Agh!" She screamed putting her palm against her forhead the group head this.

"Miss Rose?" The group questioned, worry laced in their tone, their voices disappeared. The silence was unsettling, Rose couldn't answer... She wasn't there anymore.

The girl opened her eyes, she was in a hallway, it looked like it goes on forever. Something appeared, or someone.

Dark blue hair and dull red eyes. Rose's eyes widen as she saw her.

"Laqueta?" Rose asked getting the attention of the being.

"... Well if it isn't the thief that stole my body," Laqueta spoke, a smirk on her face.

The being walked over and pulled on the girl's hair.

"Aren't you soooo lucky?"

"1st you take away my second chance because those gods took a liking to you." There was a crazed look in their eyes, Rose grabbed the girls arm trying to get herself free. She slowly started to realise that her arms were cover with scars and burn marks.

"This is the real you. Accept that you're a failure. Admit that all those bad things that happened to you was YOUR fault."

"Look at you, acting as if you have done nothing wrong!"

"Did you forget all those lives you've taken? All those times someone saved you and got themselves killed?"

"THEY SAVED ME IT WAS THEIR CHOIC-" Rose reasoned

"So you're saying that since they were willing to save you that it doesn't matter if they died?" Laqueta questioned, the girl wasn't dumb, nor was she stupid in anyway as everyone claimed the original Laqueta to be.

"..." Rose eyes widen seeing seeing that Laqueta's neck was stitched back on.

"Such a shame... A killing machine trying to live a happy life. A scum that didn't deserve a second chance." The girl in a elegant dress laughed... She was talking about herself, most of the words she said were about herself. Rose looked around, the pictures around her were the original Laqueta's life.

The ghost of the original walked down the hall.

"You took my chance for a happy ending..." The person's voice broke. Rose stood up hesitantly and reached her hand out to the seemingly crying girl.

"I'm trapped here forever... And it's because I'm just a terrible person... Even the gods couldn't look at my pitiful life." Laqueta put her hand against one of the paintings, it was her mother and father holding her.

She stared at the left side, it was side where Rose replaced her, it was still slowly being painted as it happened.

"You took everything." The original stared at Rose, the dull red of Laqueta's eye hurt to look at... It hurt Rose's heart.

"Who am I kidding? Everyone is happier with you." The girl cried, the halls suddenly became loud, many voices started to swirl around Laqueta.

"Can you... Kill me?" A glazed look in Laqueta's eye. The hall went silent everything turned black and white.

"Life isn't something you should take for gran-"

"We both know we're dead. We both know that we don't care about our lives, we both know that we'll never escape." Laqueta stated, Rose went quiet.

"I hit a nail... Huh?" Laqueta scuffs.

"Once I'm done here. You'll have your second chance." Rose stuttered.

"Yeah... Keep telling yourself that." Laqueta laughed through her tears, she walked down the hall only to appear behind Rose.

"I wonder why you came here. Perhaps the gods brought you here to end me." The original Laqueta chuckled at her remark. Rose back up.

Silence.

"You're exactly like that Alice bitch." Laqueta stated, glaring at Rose.

"EVERYONE LOVES YOU! EVERYONE CARES FOR YOU AND ADORES YOU! I CAN'T EVEN FUCKING GET ANYONE'S APPROVAL! MOTHER AND FATHER HATED ME! THEY'D NEGLECT ME AND GIVE ME THINGS OUT OF PITY! THE MAIDS LAUGH BEHIND MY BACK THEY POISONED ME AND I-"

"LAQUETA!" Rose grabbed her shoulders, gaining Laqueta's attention.

"..." Laqueta stared at Rose's burned and scarred face.

"Laqueta. The gods are cruel people. They are evil, no matter how nice they seem, it's all a ploy. Life is a game to them. We're nothing." Rose spoke bluntly.

Laqueta slapped Rose across the face.

"I don't need your comfort. I want to be free." Laqueta spoke. Rose stared at the person infront of them.

"..." The place all suddenly brightened the room became wider and slowly started to flake away.

"Live my life. No one will remember me. The only thing people could possibly remember me for is being the 2nd person to get exucted, now... I don't even think my parents remember."