Chapter 14 : Friends

As Axel gets on stage he practically kicks Cullen on the shins and teleports off the stage. The fight was short, Cullen winning against his sleepy friend. The day was getting late, and Edward seemed also bored, he wanted to watch people do their cool party tricks, the duels were getting boring.

"That concludes the fight part of this activity." Cullen yelled, letting everyone know, Edward didn't go since he already knew the outcome of the situation.

"We will now begin the "pretty" side of magic." The white haired boy announced. Edward sat up and stared at the stage, the lights dimmed and a spotlight was lit on the boy.

"Who would like to go 1st?' Cullen asked bowing, I could hear some girls squeal as they raised their hand. Laqueta wanted to go 2nd, not 1st.

"You." The boy said smiling while pointing at a girl in the crowd, I could see that the girl had turned as red as a tomato. I held back my laughter, but it was rather hard.

'pfft ' I covered my mouth, looking away from the stage. Axel looked at me and tilted his head.

"What are you laughing at?" Axel asked, poking my shoulder.

"The girl looks like a tomato." I say, my voice going high as I hold my laughter in.

"You looked like a tomato once, during Cullen's 12th birthday." Axel spoke, poking my nose.

"I don't remember that. I also don't remember allowing you to touch me." I say grabbing his wrist.

"Ow, you have a strong grip." Axel told me. I lighten my grip checking his wrist if there is a mark. I see there are a red part on his wrist, instinctively I pull their wrist closer to my mouth to blow some air on it.

"W...what are you doing!?" Axel covered his face from my view using his other hand.

"I'm blowing cold air on your wrist." I say putting down the hand on the table.

"Why would you do that?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I question.

"Doesn't it feel at least less irritated?" I question pointing at his wrist.

"Yeah... but where did you learn about that?" He asked, feeling his wrist.

"I don't know, it's basic human instincts." I replied while Cullen cleared the ice off the stage.

"Really? Well, then I'm not human." Axel said, chuckling at his own joke. Edward was just sitting there watching this conversation unfold. The girl Cullen called on went on the stage, a spotlight following her as she got up, keeping the attention of the room on the girl. The girl was not blushing as much, she had pale skin, almost like everyone, and chocolate brown hair. As she got on the stage, Cullen bowed and slowly retreated back to his seat next to his father.

The girl on stage moved to the center of the stage and lifted her hand, a tree seeming to made out of snow came from the ground. A blue mist started to appear, the tree sculpture moved with a non-existing wind, as the snow started to blow away, it moved around the girl. The girl was dancing around with the snow as it circled around her. The brown-haired girl looked like she was in a snow globe as she spun around, she looked like she was having fun.

Some music was playing, it was a light melody, mostly high notes to give the illusion of the snow twinkling in the darkness.

I watched with delight at the sight, it was like a ballet performance.

Axel's pov:

Axel's gaze leaves the stage to get a biscuit to eat, as he did a sight catches his eye. His newest friend, Laqueta Adria, had a faint smile on her face as she watched the girl on stage dance, her lifeless eyes reflected the glistening snow, making her look alive. The boy could feel his heart skip a beat, he put his hand on his chest.