Chapter 9 : Meant to be

Rose woke up to hear a knock.

Her new mother was on a couch at the side of her room, sleeping with a worried expression plastered on her face. How long has she been out? 

The girl looked at her hands, most of the wounds have been mostly healed, though some cuts were very deep compared to the others. 

The woman sitting on the chair woke up and looked up to see her dark-haired daughter sitting up on her bed. The woman's eyes widen at the sight and walked over to her. 

" Sweetie!" the woman spoke kneeling down at her bed and holding one of the girl's hands gently in her own. 

" Are you alright? What happened to you?" the woman questioned her daughter with an expression of complete relief. 

"... Do you remember who I am?" the woman asked. The dark-haired maiden nodded in response to the question. The woman took a sigh of relief, three maids had entered the room, all pushing different carts with different materials. 

A maid had started to set up breakfast at the table, enough for two people, a different maid came to the side of the bed and pushed a cart with medical supplies on it. The maid lifted the girl's hand and started to unwrap the bandages around the 12-year-old girl's arms. The maid's eye widen to see that most of the wounds already healed. 

" Um... you're lady, did you get a healer to come to the estate?" the maid asked the red-haired woman. The woman tilted her head in confusion, in response the maid pointed at the young girl's arms which seemed to have healed without any scars. The lady's eyes widen at the sight, she was confused and surprised. 

"How..? No one in this estate had any type of healing magic." The woman asked herself, she spoke out loud asking the maid as if they would know. Rose looked at her hands, only a deep cut remained and that was also healing a quick rate. 

The maid took some bandages and started to cover the wounds quickly yet perfectly. The maid then shortly left the room and so did the maid that set up the table, but the other one seemed to stay in the room until the other two left, leaving a cart with a present on it. 

" Um... so darling, the king has sent you a present." The woman said was a smile on her face. 

" The King?" the young girl asked as her mother helped her off the bed. The present had red wrapping around it and silver ribbon around it. It was simple, yet it was nice to look at. The mother helped the girl walk towards the present. The girl took the ribbon off the present and lifted the top of it. The girl looked inside to see a letter along with a light blue dress decorated with flowers and a gradient of petals with accessories that matched the dress. 

The girl picked up the letter and the mother was about to take it and read it out loud to the girl, the woman knew her daughter was illiterate. Rose picked it up first and started reading the letter out loud. The woman froze and looked at the girl, she was still reading the letter, once she finished she looked at the girl with a face of shock but then shook off the feeling, everything was different about her daughter.  

" The prince is having a birthday ball, and I'm invited personally by the king..." Rose spoke, her new mother clapped with joy. 

" The king sent you a gift? That's rare. The king rarely sends anyone gifts." the woman clapped, she was acting like a child that was just gifted a pet. Rose sighed and set the letter down, she wasn't excited about the ball, she hated social gatherings, she had a feeling it might give her another reason to hate social gatherings  

"Something wrong sweetie?" The woman asked, she noticed the girl seemed a bit bothered. The girl looks up at the woman and shook her head.

"I just want some more rest..." The girl told the woman, she nodded and tucked her in. The woman shortly left the room while saying sweet dreams as she headed out. 

Alright, the king wants me to attend Prince Cullen's party or ball, whatever it is. All the parties I've been a part of, all my past lives... all the parties are just terrible, I mean... one of the parties was a death...

Beaten to death with a bottle of beer. . .

Alright, can I avoid this party? Wait, no I can't the king invited me, it might cause the king to hate me.

I'll just attend and not attract attention.

-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+-+-=-+
A/N
I'm alive, 
sorry the chapter is short
have a math test lol

!!!EDITED!!!
-sky