My Mystery Man Chapter 11

(Ariana’s POV)

It’s been several days since I promised myself I was going to change. I should have changed a long time ago, I felt really happy. I was talking to Romeo again but it was different now, we kept our problems to ourselves. I still couldn’t find the right time to say yes to Jason about being his girlfriend.

“Ari did you hear me?” Lexi asked me waving a flyer in my face.

“I’m sorry, what is it?”

“This” she exclaimed giving me the neon pink flyer.

It was a missing person flyer with Brittany’s picture and the date she went missing.

“She’s been missing a week or so can you believe it?”  Lexi asked

“That’s crazy can you imagine how her parents must feel”

I didn’t know what else to say, after all she did spend two years making my life a living hell. A part of me felt bad, her parents must be worried.

“Hey gals” Romeo said to us as he got out of his car.

I handed him the flyer, he looked at me puzzled before he looked at it,

“Damn I hope they find her”

“We all do” I replied

“Hey Ari where’s your shadow?” he asked me changing the subject.

“He should have been here by now”

The bell rang and Jason still hadn’t shown up for some odd reason I didn’t feel safe when he wasn’t with me. I kept wondering if William had something to do with Brittany’s disappearance. He had not been to school around the same time she went missing.

(Jason’s POV)

I was almost out the door when all of a sudden, my mother and father materialized right in front of me. My mother hugged me instantly,

“Jason I have missed you”

“I have missed you too mother”

I hadn’t seen her in years, I wanted to be free and enjoy my life. My mother let me because she knew I hated living in the castle.

“So where is your girlfriend?” she asked me finally letting me go.

“She’s at school, madre”

“That’s a shame, I was looking forward to meeting her”