ℑ𝔩𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔦 𝔛 𝔉!ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯 (𝔉𝔩𝔲𝔣𝔣)-𝔓𝔱 2

(Art is not mine, credit to owner) Requested by: RavenQueen1414, Thanks for requesting!
Note: This is Part 2 to the Soulmate AU! The reader is pregnant in this one! 

~Together~

You rubbed your belly, though no bump had formed just yet. You felt slightly sick lately, and so just to be sure, you got a pregnancy test from Illumi's mother. You decided to tell her the news first, and she was ecstatic. Just as she was about to squeal from the overwhelming joy, you told her to keep it a secret till Illumi came back and you would be able to tell him yourself. At least she could do that much. 

You really didn't want to burden him. There was so much going on, and the stress was getting to him. But you were soulmates, you had stick through thick and thin together. It had been around a year since the odd and slightly embarrassing encounter you had with him. You got married soon after. When Illumi got the slightest feeling you were sick, he'd make you stay at home. 

You looked at the clock on the wall. Any minute now, he would come back. Your stomach felt fluttery, but you didn't know if that was your nerves or the baby. Or even both? You bit your lip in anticipation, waiting for him to come through the door. You heard the click of the door, and he welcomed himself inside, closing it and taking his coat off. 

You walked up to him with a bright smile on your face. Though Illumi wasn't really expressive, he loved it when you showed your emotions. He liked to know what you are feeling clearly, since sometimes he can't get a read on you. You embraced him tightly, and he returned the gesture, loosely hanging his arms around your waist. You looked him in the eye. What would his reaction be? "Uhm...Illumi?" You called, looking down at the floor. He nodded, letting you know that he was listening. You decided to be straight forward with him, as he usually was with you. 

"I'm, uhm, pregnant," you mumbled, hiding your face in his chest. You felt his cold hands cup your face and tilt it up. He looked slightly shocked, eyes wide and jaw slightly ajar. "Really?" he questioned, searching your face for any sign of doubt. You nodded, grinning. He smiled softly and pressed a kiss to your forehead, before walking to where the telephone is. 

He dialled a number. "Yes father, she is pregnant. She cannot go on any more missions for now. Yes yes, maybe in a year or two. Thank you," he spoke in to the phone nonchalantly. He made his way to you, hesitating. He eventually took your hands in his. This was a big step because Illumi never really initiated the affection in the relationship, it'd always be you. So it was no surprise when your eyes welled and you enveloped him in a hug. He ran his hands up and down your back comfortingly. He looked at you. You'd be an amazing mother. 

It had been a couple months, and the bump had started showing. At first, Illumi stared at it as if he wanted to touch it, but was afraid. He hesitated, and was precautious around you and the baby, attempting to protect it from danger. But one day, out of the blue, he walked up to you and rubbed your swelling belly and smiled.  Now, every so often, Illumi would come up to you and rub your belly softly, before giving you a soft kiss. you wondered where he got this sudden surge of confidence, but it didn't matter. 

You'd also receive things from Killua and Alluka, who'd come to visit you every now and then. You had decorated one room in the house, completely dedicated to your baby. After the ultra-sound, you found the baby was a boy. "He'll be a good assassin," Illumi said, over breakfast. "Sure, but only if he wants to. We're not going to force him into anything," you said, crossing your hands across your waist. You had give Illumi new views on things ever since he met you. He nodded. "Alright then, but we'll still give it some rudimentary training."

Illumi might not be the best dad. But it was fine. He was working to improve. He also decided to take some time off during the later stages of your pregnancy. Since you could no longer go out on missions, you decided to pick up a few hobbies. When his job allowed him, Illumi would take a break and watch you. He'd sit in a chair and just observe you. Sometimes, after so much observing, he mastered the hobby, doing it the exact same way you would. Sometimes you would just do it together, whether it was knitting, baking or playing an instrument. 

One day, as he came back from a mission, he noticed you laying slumped on the couch. You looked incredibly tired, dark circles drawn under your puffy eyes. Your face was a little pale from exhaustion. He picked you up and carried you to your shared bedroom. He laid you down on the bed, and tucked a blanket around you while he went to change. He came back to you sleeping, your hands wrapped around the nearest thing you could see. He sat down next to you, moving your hair away from your face. He climbed in bed next to you, placing his head on top of yours. He rubbed your belly and kissed you, as was his daily routine. He may not be the best dad, but you were both going to work together so that he was. And he was excited to see how that turned out. 

A/n:
Hello! Hopefully that was good enough. If you liked it, make sure to vote, comment and follow me if you haven't already! And check out my other books, I'd appreciate it. Okay, that's all from me for now. Stay safe readers! Bye!

Word count: 998 words, including A/n