ℭ𝔥𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬 𝔛 𝔉𝔢𝔪!ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯 (𝔉𝔩𝔲𝔣𝔣)

(Art does not belong to me, credit to the show) Requested by : RavenQueen1414
Note: This is a Soulmate AU, where whatever your partner writes on their skin will appear on yours, and vice versa. 

~Poetry~

"You're words make my heart melt," you read allowed. You bit your lip, looking at your arm. 'Goodness, why is he so cheesy,' you thought. You grabbed the closest pen and wrote a reply. You quickly rushed back into the storage room of the café to put your apron on. Walking out, you joined your co-worker at the counter. "What'd he say this time," she smirked, trying to take a peek at your arm. "Ah, just more cringe poetry," you said, heat rising to your face. "I'll take over from here."

You worked at a small café on the east side of Meteor City. Your life was seemingly uneventful. But you were content with it. You liked reading. Having a cup of coffee, reading a book, while basking in the sun's warmth was one of your favourite things to do. Which was honestly a coincidence. Your 'soulmate', a man by the name of Chrollo, was also very interested in reading. Especially poetry. He'd constantly write a bunch of cheesy, romantic poetry lines, and you'd usually reply back. He couldn't come to visit you, yet. He was busy with 'urgent matters', in his words.  You didn't mind. He seemed very sweet though. You couldn't wait to meet him. 

The café was small, covered in plenty of foliage. Potted plants and vines hung from the ceiling, and beautiful flowers bloomed around the café. There was a bookshelf in the corner with a variety of books. The café was famous for its drinks, perfectly made coffees and freshly brewed tea. Rich milkshakes and fruity smoothies. There was a decadent assortment of pastries and snacks. You just finished making a cup of black tea, steam rising from the pretty teacup. You walked to a table, careful not to spill the tea. 

"Anything else?" you asked sweetly. They shook their head, and thanked you. You walked back to your post at the counter. The bell of the door chimed. A gust of wind blew in as the door closed. A tall, well-built man walked up the the counter. A hood was covering his head, but a few of his dark-black locks peeked out of it. You were slightly scared, this man looked as if he was going to rob the place. 'Ah, where's the rifle,' you thought frantically, your hand searching for the weapon under the counter while you continued to eye the man.

He walked up to the counter. You stuttered in fear. "H-hello, what can I get for you?" you asked. "I'd like the special drink that you tell me so much about," he asked. "What..?" You rack your brain to see if you've met him before. He chuckled before apologising. "Sorry, I think I forgot to introduce myself," he said, slowly taking off his hood. "I'm Chrollo." You gasped when you heard his name. Chrollo? What was he doing here? Wasn't he busy? Your mouth was ajar in shock, and you stared at his face. He had soft, brown eyes. His jawline was sharp. He wore a small smile on his face, which quickly turned into a smirk when he realised you were staring. "What's wrong, something on my face?" he asked, a teasing tone to his voice. "Ah, no," you replied. You could feel the heat rushing to your face. You quickly wrote his order down, a specially brewed tea made with chamomile and lemongrass. "A-anything else?" you asked, still flustered. "No, that'll be all. Thank you, Y/n." You glanced at him and nodded. He was still smiling. Pulling out a couple of jenny* notes, he passed them to you. You quickly put it in the register and thanked him, walking off to prepare his tea. He sat down on a small table near the counter. Every once in a while, you'd look up to catch him staring at you. He'd always smile, and go back to reading his book. 

'He's very cute,' you thought to yourself. You hummed contentedly as you brought the tea to his table. He looked up at you and smiled, mumbling a 'thank you' before taking a sip. You waited expectantly, to see if he likes it. His face relaxed, and he looked back up at you. "This is lovely. Almost as lovely as your smile." Your face blushed a bright red, and you stuttered. "T-thank you," you mumbled and rushed back to the counter. He chuckled at your antics.

You brought your hands to your face. 'Dammit, he's worse in real life, always making me so flustered. How am I supposed to live with him? Does he even want me to live with him?' You thought. Your nerves came back. How was this supposed to work? He never said anything about living with him or even dating. Does he even like you or was he leading you on? You looked at him again. He was still reading his book, occasionally taking sips of his tea. You'd sort this out later. 

Customers came, and customers left. The sun was slowly starting to set, and the once bustling city had settled down. Life in the night awoke, and small animals scurried around. The light of the moon lit up the streets. You were getting ready to close up the shop. Your co-worker already left, and while you were picking up the rest of the dishes, you saw Chrollo still sitting at his seat. He was reading another book. 'Oh I totally forgot about him,' you worried. He looked up at you. "You ready to go? You're closing the shop, right?"

You face morphed into one of confusion. "What?" "I'll take you back to my house. We can talk out our future there," he said, closing the book he was reading. You blinked rapidly while you tried to process what he said. "Wait....you were waiting...to take me back to your place?" He nodded, walking up to you. He placed the dishes you were holding on the counter top, and he held your hands. You looked up at him. "You may have not realised this, Y/n, but I fell for you the minute you replied to my first message on your arm." You were shocked. You clearly remembered the first message. 

'If love were told as money is counted, more than a century it would take to tell what I love about you.'

And you remember your reply. 

'Would it need a sky filled with writing paper, and an ocean filled with ink?'

You smiled, remembering the fond memory. Chrollo cupped your face with his hands. "Will you come with me?" You nodded, looking into his eyes. He smiled "I love you," he breathed.

A/n:
Hello! Hope you enjoyed that! Vote, comment and follow if you haven't already! Thanks for reading and requesting! Stay safe!

Word count: 1169, including A/n

*Hunter X Hunter currency