𝔊𝔬𝔫 𝔛 𝔐𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯-𝔉𝔦𝔤𝔲𝔯𝔢!ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯 (𝔉𝔩𝔲𝔣𝔣)

(Art does not belong to me, credit to the show! [It's a screenshot lol])
Note: Gon is a child in this, you're a mother-figure to him. So not really a reader x character 

~Can I Call You Mom?~

"Y/n-san!" You heard a cheerful shout outside. You peered out your window to see a spikey green haired-boy waddle up the hill your house sat atop. "Hello, darling!" you shouted back from your window. Just then you heard your timer go off. You opened the oven, the smell of baked confectionary filling the air. A knock could be heard from the door. "Come in, it's open!" you said, your voice almost singing. The door swung open, and you glanced at Gon with his wide smile. "Y/n-san! Good afternoon!" he yelled ecstatically, earning a giggle from you. You set the tray filled with warm brownies on the table and wiped your hands on your apron. You walked up to him and gave him a hug. He returned it, and when you let go, he hopped up and down like a rabbit. 

"Goodness Gon, did you already have too much sugar? Maybe I shouldn't give you any more sweets then," you joked. "No, no! I didn't eat any sweets!" he yelled back, desperate to eat your delicious food. You giggled, patting him on the head before inviting him to come inside. You placed the baked-good on a plate for him, and also handed him a glass of milk. "Gon, do you want some ice-cream? I have some strawberry flavoured one if you like," you asked. Gon eagerly nodded, before gulping down some of the glass of milk. You smiled and got the tub out of the freezer.

You and Gon were friends. The first time you met, Gon was fishing by the lake. You ran into him while picking fruits off the tree. You were known for your baked-goods, especially pies. You had your own little stall in the main part of the island, and people constantly bought your food. You made a lot of money off of traders when they asked for whole batches of your deserts, who came quite often. You babysat Gon when you were free, and when Aunt Mito couldn't take care of him. He practically lived at your house, he always came over, and left over his stuff a lot. He took a liking to you the minute you met, and being the friendly boy he was, he instantly formed a friendship with you. Some of the villagers mistook you for his mother. 

You left the window open, and the cool breeze swept through your small, cosy home. Gon chatted away while you listened, occasionally laughing or patting him on the head. Gon had finished his food a while ago, so you both were just sitting and talking. You looked at the time. "Gon, would you like to help me pick some fruit? I need them for my stall tomorrow," you asked, seeing that it was nearly sunset. He jumped up from his seat. "Sure!" he replied, excited to help you. 

You both walked out the house with baskets in your hands. Gon's arm was interlocked with yours. He insisted, because he wanted to protect you. You walked over to the trees by the lake. You started to pick apples, nectarines and all sorts of orchard fruit. There were berry bushes nearby as well, so you both started to pick those. Gon had eaten some of the berries that he picked, making his mouth and tongue purple. "Oh! Gon, what happened to your face?" you asked, concern contorted your face. "Don't worry, Y/n-san! It's just berries," he grinned. Relief swept over you, and you sighed then chuckled. 

The sun was starting to set, and the two of you finished picking fruit. You sat by the lake, exhausted. Gon plopped down next to you, popping some more berries into his mouth. "Gon! Don't eat all of them!" you scolded playfully, leaving the both of you giggling. You wiped his mouth with your handkerchief. Gon beamed at you again, and you sort of wished that he was your child. 

Just then, as the sun was setting, Gon looked at you. He had a sad expression, but he still smiled. "Ne, Y/n-san?" he asked. You hummed, looking at him, searching his face for any clues about what was wrong. "Etto....can I call you mom?" This came as a shock for you. Your mouth hung slightly agape, and Gon fidgeted with his hands. "I, uhm, I mean...Mito-san said that you were more of a mother to me than she was, and I really want you to be my mom so..." he said, his voice trailing off. You thought back to all the days you spent with this precious boy. You knew he technically didn't have parents. The status of his mother was unknown, and his father left him here and fled. "Yes, Gon, you can," you replied, finally. Tears streamed down your face, and you took Gon's hands into your own. "Gon, darling, I will try to be the best mother I possibly can." Gon grinned, small tears developing in his own eyes. He squeezed your hands and gave you a big hug. He helped you up, and hand in hand, you both went back to your house to bake some desert for tomorrow's stall. 

A/n:
Hi! Thank you for reading! If you like this kind of concept of the reader being something other than the characters s/o, let me know! Also, go check out my other books! If you can vote, comment and follow me, it'd be greatly appreciated. And if you spot any grammatical errors, please point them out! I don't proofread my work cus its cringe (●'◡'●)╰(*°▽°*)╯ Thank you, and stay safe!

Word count: 966 words, including A/n.