ℑ𝔩𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔦 𝔛 ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯 (𝔉𝔩𝔲𝔣𝔣)

(Art does not belong to me, credit to the owner) Requested by: RavenQueen1414 
Note: This is a Soulmate AU, where the full name of your soulmate is printed on your wrist.

~To Kill or Not to Kill~

You were an assassin, despite your short stature and small frame. You were an expert at stealth and with weapons, especially blades. Your nen wasn't the strongest, but that didn't matter. You were still one of the strongest of your association. You murdered without a second thought, as if it was instinct. 

Then why were you hesitating now?

You stared at your target from the window. The moonlight was bright, clearly illuminating his presence. A river of long, black hair fell to his waist. Only half of his face was clear. Dark eyes, and a tall, muscular build. He was a Zoldyck, that's what the information you were give said. You looked at your wrist, and back at the man. 'What a coincidence,' you thought, 'the man I have to kill happens to be my soulmate.'

You thought of several different ways you could get out of killing him. If you left now, you could run away from your assassin life. Maybe you'd meet him in a different situation. You could kill yourself, or you could kill him. You continued to stare at him. Your awareness faded, and you were lost in your train of thought. But you were snapped out of it when you felt yourself being yanked from the window, and slammed onto the floor. You yelled in pain. You found yourself in close proximity to the stoic-faced man. A tint of red covered your face and you looked away. 

"Who are you, and why were you watching me," he said, his voice monotone. He pinned your hands together, preventing you from grabbing any weapons. One of legs was pinning your other legs, and any small movement you made was quickly noticed by his eyes. "Can you get off me first," you quipped. Cautiously, he got off, holding your right wrist. "Alright, talk," he said, unaware of his actions. You took a deep breath in. "I'm an assassin, I was sent to kill you." He tilted his head in confusion. You didn't look like an assassin, and you did just let your guard down, resulting in you being caught. He eyed you up and down, scanning you for any evidence. "How long have you been an assassin for?" he asked, his eyes trailing you every movement. His grip on your wrist was tight. "3 years, plus 2 years of training," you said, your voice on the verge of cracking. He hummed, before asking another question. "You seemed inexperienced though. Do you not know how to use your nen?" 

You blushed, remembering the reason why you accidently released your nen in the first place. "I uhm....I'm not inexperienced, I just got distracted," you said, trying to look everywhere else but at him. He circled you, keeping his eyes on you. He quirked his eyebrow, waiting for your response. You bit your lip. Why is he so intimidating yet so perfect? 'Wait, stop thinking that!' you thought to yourself, quickly shaking your head. With a swift movement, you felt the cold tip of the blade tough your neck. "I'm waiting for your answer, are you trying to buy time for someone else?" he asked, slowly pushing you to the wall behind you. Your hands remain raised, and you shook your head. "I work alone," you said, swallowing the lump in your throat. "Then, why are you stalling?" He asked, "Answer me, why did you get distracted, by what?" he pressed, trapping you between the wall and him. You sighed before looking at your wrist. "Uncover my wrist, you'll find out," you said, your voice more nervous than before. He eyed you, before uncovering your wrist. His other hand held your other wrist tightly though. He stared at his name on your wrist before looking back at you. He spoke in his monotone manner, "Oh. I see," he said. Maybe you were imagining things, but you saw the very small red blush creeping on his face. 

"I never got your name," he said looking at you. His grip on your wrist was loosening. You stuttered before answering, "It's F/n. F/n L/n." He formed an 'O' with his mouth, before glancing at his own wrist. He showed it to you. There was your name, in red letters, engraved on his wrist. You looked at the wrist, then back at him and nodded sheepishly. He let go of your wrist and walked to the other side of the room. "Well, if that's the case, then I'll take you back to my house. I'll introduce you to father. You can join us as an assassin, and we'll live together." You beamed at the thought. Just one moment ago, he was ready to kill you, and now, he was insisting you both lived together. 

Then you remembered. "Ah, but my assassin agency...when they find out I didn't kill you, they'll come after me," you explained, grief evident on your face. He looked back at you. His manner was still calm, and his face showed no sign of emotion. "It's fine. I'll kill them," he said. You were shocked. How did he trust you so easily? And how could he say something like that? He was so forward. But it was honestly the perfect combination. You overthought things, and sometimes your feelings got in the way, unless you were on a mission. This man was stoic and calm, and he made decisions in a flash. 'This may not be so bad,' you thought.

You walked up to him. You smiled and took his hand, squeezing it gently. Illumi looked at you, then at your hands. "What are you doing?" he asked, somewhat flustered by your actions. "Its called 'affection'. You should get used to it if I'm your soulmate." He smiled back, for the first time. Your smile grew even wider. 

A/n:
Hello everyone! Hope you enjoyed that one! Thank you for the request, btw! Vote, comment and follow if you haven't already! :))) Also, check out my other books! Stay safe readers, bye!

Word count: 1040, including A/n