Chapter 10

After transporting Gueldre back into the interrogation room in the dungeons, Marx used his spells to reveal the memories of Gueldre. To no ones surprise, he has committed multiple crimes against the Clover Kingdom. The worst was abducting a guardian mage proving that it was Gueldre who helped the Eye of the Midnight Sun enter into the Royal Capital.

"This must be how the Eye of the Midnight Sun infiltrated the Royal Capital." Clara noted as they all looked at the images of Gueldre's memories.

"Direct cooperation." Charlotte restated.

"The fool was so blinded by the offer of rare magic tools, he made a deal with the terrorists." Nozel mentioned from beside Clara. Yami mumbled something about a smoked ham, but her thoughts were more concerned about the situation at hand.

"The Eye of the Midnight Sun most likely killed the abducted mage shortly after the attack on the capital." Marx suggested, seeing no further sight of the mage within Gueldre's memories.

With a grunt of distaste, Julius turned away from the captives and towards the Captains.

"His actions are both unprecedented and unforgivable. He was a Magic Knight, charged with protecting our people, yet he sold them out instead. If word got out of this, the populace might panic. So we won't be making this matter public." He stated,

"I want you to take a good look at your squads. Make sure none of them has ties to the enemy. This cannot happen again." Each captain saluted the Wizard King, and the meeting was final.

Once outside, Clara walked the few paces over to her Captain prepared to leave for the day, but she halted when Vangeance held up a hand to her to pause.

"I hope you're alright making your way back yourself. I have a meeting I need to attend to." He spoke as he conjured up his vessel, a broom from his own Creation Magic.

"Oh, alright. I will see you then tomorrow, Sir." She saluted to him briefly. Vangeance gave her his usual warm smile before he stood on his broom and flew up into the sky. She watched as he flew northbound until he shrunk into a speck in the sky.

'It's going to be impossible to get anything out of him. I hate to say it, but I need some help.' She thoughtLooking back, she watched as the Captains one by one made their way out of the building. One specific caught her eye.

"Nozel!" She called out to him. The man halted in his place and looked back at the woman with a slightly raised eyebrow. Waiting on her approach, the other captains continued their separate ways.

"What is it?" he asked down at her. He noticed the hesitance in her as her eyes darted from his own and averted away. Fingers fumbling with themselves, the woman seemed nervous. "You already called my attention, so there is no need to hold back now."

"I-I'd like to have a meeting with you tomorrow about some private matters." Clara mumbled out. Her eyes went everywhere besides the man whose face showed a hint of shock for only a moment.

"I have duties to attend to, can't this be dealt with somebody else?" He asked while beginning to take a step away. The woman gave a small scuff and followed by taking a step closer.

"I'm afraid not. It's about an important mission that I'm on." She continued as she fell into step with him as he continued his walk.

"Then I suggest you discuss this with your own Captain, Clara."

"He's the target, Nozel." She whispered, grabbing his arm to halt his movement. His face flew towards hers and a small grunt could be heard. The two stared at each other for a moment. Nozel could see the utter seriousness in her eyes as she glared into his own. She was pushing through his walls of pride like bombs, mere seconds from reaching his core. A trait she seemed to always have. The woman may have been awkward and even unofficial at times, but you could always tell her intent from her eyes.