Chapter 8

The following day, Julius as well as the Captains stood before the civilians of the Royal Capital. While Marx stood beside the Wizard King, Clara was stationed behind all the Captains  watching over the whole event from behind. In a public speech Julius stated the specifics of the events that happened, calling it an act of terrorism, but also ensuring the safety of the civilians. His determination to continue fighting poured out onto the crowd, creating an uproar of pride amongst the civilians. 

... 

"Thank you all for taking the time of being here today." Julius spoked to all the Captains. After leaving the large group of watchers, Marx and I escorted the group into the Headquarters hallway. A conclusion to yesterday's events.

"Continue doing your duties as such until I call for a future meeting about The Eye of the Midnight Sun. Now, I have some things to attend to. Clara, you're coming with me." Julius said as he grabbed onto her arm and held her tightly. 

"Huh?" Clara gasped at his tight grip, "... but, Sir!" She began to argue. She looked over to her Captain for help, but Vangeance only chuckled and shook his head. "You're really going to let him take me, Captain! Don't you have duties for me to do?" Clara practically begged out as Julius began to drag her away from the group. She barely heard the comments Jack the Ripper of the Green Praying Mantis and Yami were snickering to each other, but she heard their snide cackles for sure.

"Now now, I need you. Have a good day everyone!" Julius comforted. 

"I didn't agree-" Clara got out before the two of them zapped from existence. 

"- to this!" Clara finished before finding herself dropping into his office. Regaining her balance, she looked to see Julius float down towards his desk. After settling himself down in his seat, he gave the girl a serious look that made a tingle shoot down Clara's spine. 'Scary how that man's aura can change in seconds'

"I have a mission I need you to do, Clara." He simply stated, mindlessly going through some of his paperwork that was sprawled on his desk. 

"Well, you didn't have to pull me all the way over here. I'm sure if you sent the request to the Golden Dawn-" 

"The Golden Dawn nor anyone else can know about this." Julius cut her off. 

"Wha-" Clara stuttered out confused, "What do you mean? What kind of mission is this, Julius?" She stared at him waiting for his answer. Besides the hands that flew to her hips, her body was stiff from the unknown impending news. 

"As much as I don't want to believe it, there must be a traitor among the Royal Capital mages." He stated while standing up. He walked over to his window and stare out at the Capital below him. 

"You wish me to figure out who the traitor is?" Clara asked as she stayed in her spot. 

"No I will have my personal squad deal with that." He replied, turning around to look at her, giving her a look of guilt.

"I want you to get close to William Vangeance and figure out what he's up to." 

Clara nearly chocked on her spit after hearing his mission for her. Her head still buzzed from yesterday's events began to think of what possible way as to why he would suspect her Captain, their friend? 'Stop freaking out, Clara! You're better than this! Act professional!' she mentally screamed to herself. 

"I can understand your confusion." Julius added, she sighed to calm herself down and crossed her arms over her chest. "I also know that you've recognized his recent absences during meetings, going off on his own under his own business."