Nightmares and Wishes

ابدأ من البداية

"What the sad couple said." I mock.

"I know it sounds bad, but now that we know what the creature is, we can fight it." Hope says to our team, which consists of M.G., Kaleb, Rafael, Landon, me, and her.

"How the hell are we supposed to kill a dream demon?" Rafael asks.

"Leave that part to us." I speak up.

"But since Henry and I can't fall asleep without compromising the location of the urn, we need someone else to pull it out of the dream plane and into our waking reality." Hope instructs them.

"So Freddy Krueger. Like I said." M.G. states.

"Only worse because this is real." I say to M.G.

"Wait, how the hell are we supposed to do that?" Rafael asks.

"If it's anything like in the movies, we just grab and pull." M.G. explains to us.

"Yeah, is it too late to get on the uh, evacuation bus?" Kaleb asks. Hope says no at the same time I say yes.

"We're not gonna ask you all to stay for this; it has to be your choice." Hope explains to them. Our group looks around at each other, not sure of what to do.

"I'm not leaving unless Hope does." Landon declares.

"Shocking." I mock him. Hope kicks my leg.

"We already know the answer to that, so..." Hope looks to Rafael.

"I'm not leaving Landon behind." He says.

"I'm a founding member of the Super Squad and Henry's best friend." M.G. declares as he drapes his arm over my shoulder. "So I can't bail."

"Damn straight." I do my handshake with him.

"Y'all gonna get yourselves killed." Kaleb says to us. We all look at him, and he lets out a sigh. "But if M.G. stays, I stay. No child left behind."

"In that case, it's naptime." Hope says with a smile.

"Don't we the bad guys." I tease them.

We set up the gym with cots for the guys to sleep. "Landon shouldn't do this." Hope says to me as we wait for one of them to get the monster.

"You can't always protect him, Hope."

"He's already been through so much."

"And he will continue to go through things. The world is a scary place, Hope. It's not peaceful just because we fight one monster. There will always be others to take its place." I say to her.

"Is that how you feel about our lives?" She asks me. I look at my sister. "Henry." Our ears perk up as we hear the monster roaring from the hallway.

"Showtime." I smirk at my sister.

__________________________________
We watch from afar as the monster rips the safe open only to find it empty. "Did I tell Landon the wrong hiding place for the urn?" Hope gets its attention. He growls at us.

"Too slow bitch." I taunt as I produce my sword. Hope and I lunge at the monster together, fighting against it. "Damn, you're strong." I comment as I enjoy this moment. Hope and I fight against the monster, and we come crashing through the gym doors. The guys separate, giving us room.

"Hope. Henry. Where do you..."

"We got this, guys." Hope assures them as she launches herself at the monster. I see some chains and break them from the wall and swing it, so it wraps around the monster's neck.