❝ chapter 7 ❞

Semi always sets an alarm to wake him up every morning. But it doesn't mean that Semi will immediately get up on his soft bed when it rings.

He presses the snooze button for the second time. It's a chilly Friday morning. Semi doesn't seem like going to school today. But he'll be punished if he will not attend the volleyball practice.

Grunting, he presses the stop button of his alarm when it rings for the third time. He finally leaves the comfortable bed and heads out of his room.

Semi lives alone. He has an older brother but he works in a coffee shop in Tokyo. His brother regularly finances Semi's basic needs and he is glad about that.

His mother died the moment he was born. His father also passed away 4 years ago. His father used to work in a guitar shop. When Semi was still 11 years old, he saw a certain guitar in that shop. His father told him that the strings and the guitar pick are made abroad and it's a very special material. Semi kept on bothering his father to buy that guitar but his father just frowned because he couldn't afford the price.

Four years ago, his father was tasked to deliver a bunch of guitars to Tokyo. But the car lost its break and the accident happened. Semi was shocked when the shop owner handed him the guitar that his father couldn't afford. The owner told that his father did his work well and earned a lot of money for that one.

Semi bites the onigiri on the table and wipes off the painful memory. He walks towards the special guitar resting on the small couch and puts it on the black guitar cover. That is the only thing left by his father and he can't afford to lose it. He doesn't want any of its parts to be damaged because it's too precious for him. If this thing will be ruined or gone, it's like as if Semi erased his father's memories to his life.

Semi slings his guitar on his shoulder and heads on the front door.
He breaths loudly then walk off his simple apartment.

"This will be a great day..." He smiles, "..hopefully."

After a few minutes of walking, he is now entering the large gate of Shiratorizawa.

꧁༺●༻꧂

"Hey, Jin. Hurry up!" Shirabu's voice echoes in the hallway.

Jin, his classmate, lazily walks beside Shirabu.

Shirabu saw Semi entered the school few seconds ago and he keeps on bugging Jin to accompany him in the music room. Since Jin is a member of the Music Club.

They are walking at a fast pace, worrying that someone might notice them sneaking inside the music room.

"Alright, before I'll give this to you, where will you use this? It seems like you don't even own a guitar." Jin suspiciously looks at Shirabu who is fidgeting in a corner.

"Just... Just give it to me. I promise I'll return it later." Shirabu smiles awkwardly.

Still, Jin hesitates. He's examining Shirabu's face. Finally, he sighs. Jin puts the tool on Shirabu's hand and shrugs. "Alright, make sure you'll return it to me tomorrow."

꧁༺●༻꧂

Time quickly passed by and Semi is now walking towards the gym entrance door. He's even humming happily while entering and greeting his other teammates. Of course except for someone.

Semi notices that one person is not there at the court. He just shrugs and ignores his absence and walks towards the changing room. Semi is grinning while reminiscing what happened last night.

" Maybe the idiot cried all night that's why he's not here. " Semi thought.

All of his happy thoughts vanish when he opens the door of the changing room. Shirabu is sitting comfortably on the floor leaning his back against the wall and typing something on his phone. Semi also notices the onigiri he's holding on his left hand.

The smaller setter notices someone enters that's why he brings his eyes up, meeting the two pairs of annoying eyes.

The two setters stare at each other, as intently as possible. Semi is scowling and Shirabu raises his brows. Semi is patiently waiting for Shirabu to shout at him because of the incident last night but he doesn't hear anything from the second year. Which made him confused.

"What?" The smaller setter scoffs while finishing his onigiri.

Semi looks away, puts his stuff on the floor including his guitar, and starts changing his shoes.

"If I were you, I will leave this room and train more to become a good setter not taking the opportunity for granted," Semi said, not looking to the guy sitting across him.

"It's none of your business." Shirabu murmurs. Semi seems to not hear it. He stands up, looking at Shirabu once again, and said, "Bastard.." before he leaves the room holding his practice shirt.

"Alright, it's time..." Shirabu grins when the door closes. He immediately pulls the guitar string cutter from his bag and heads towards where Semi puts his guitar.

-

Semi drops his knees slowly on the floor. His whole body is trembling. His eyes are widely open. And he can feel the warm liquid in his eyes.

He stares at his guitar. All of the strings were cut messily. The guitar pick was cut into four, it's body is like a disaster, all cracked up.

Semi doesn't know what to think, he doesn't know what to do. He just kneels in front of his destroyed guitar, his precious guitar.

-
This chapter is kinda messy but I'm doing something for the next chapter.

Thank you for reading this one and i hope you'll vote for it ^^
Ily all ♥️