❝ chapter 1 ❞

There's this cliché saying that 'The more you hate, the more you love'.

Semi Eita, a third-year volleyball player doesn't believe in such sayings. He hates someone, but he's not in love and he will never fall in love with that person. He sees that person as his lifetime rival because of a certain reason.

Semi looks at the second year volleyball player on the center of the court and he immediately furrowed his brows.

What the heck is wrong with Shirabu's bangs.

"Tsk." Semi clicks his tongue.

Volleyball practice had started a few minutes ago, and every time Semi unintentionally glanced in Shirabu's direction, his freaking weird and uneven bangs pisses Semi off. His whole existence just pisses him off.

Semi shook his head and continues to practice tossing the ball against the wall. His other teammates are doing their personal practices and so he does. And then the thought of no longer the starting setter makes Semi annoyed more. The annoyance just gets rising up when Shirabu's face pops up on his mind.

That damn setter.

Semi spiked the ball hard enough to get the attention of Ushijima who is currently stretching few meters away from him.
"Oh, sorry.." he silently muttered.

For the tenth time that day, the third-year setter glanced at the person who is doing something on his fingers.

I hate his fingers.

"Semisemi!!" Semi flinched. He turned his attention to Tendou who is walking towards Ushijima to hand him a water bottle. Ushijima accepted it and Semi almost rolled his eyes when he saw Tendou blushed into a slight pink shade.

This gay ass bitch.

"Hey, Tendou how about my water?" Semi teased. The red-haired guy just looked at him, eyes wide, and pouted. Then he arched his back looking into something or someone on his right side.

"Kenjirou-kun! Semisemi said give him some water. Hurry, hurry." Tendou cackled. He looked at Semi and smirked which make him got angrier. Tendou is aware that Semi has this 'little' hate towards the weird-haired guy and he keeps on teasing the two setters with each other.

And it pisses him off.

Semi saw Shirabu tensed up while ruffling his hair.

Damn, I hate his hair.

"No, idiot. Don't listen to this broken-back dude." Semi simply said looking to Shirabu for a second.
He awkwardly smiled and shrugged.

꧁༺●༻꧂

Practice went smoothly this day. Luckily there are no unnecessary things that happened excluding that simple teasing of Tendou a while ago.

Semi noticed that Tendou keeps on glancing at Ushijima, and he almost burst out laughing when Tendou stuttered while Ushijima playfully ruffled his red hair.

Semi quickly changed his practice clothes into a simple white shirt topped with a purple sweatshirt. On his right side, Shirabu is also doing something.

"Semisemi! I'll wait for you outside!" Tendou poked his arm. He just nods at him and Tendou immediately stormed out of the club changing room. He will pester the ace again. Semi clutched his sports bag on his shoulder and headed to the door. But destiny might be playful this time because when he was about to get out, Shirabu bumps into him.

A visible irritation flushed on Semi's face as the two glared at each other

"What's your problem?" Semi angrily hissed. Shirabu just stared at the taller guy blankly and up to this moment, Semi wanna punch him in the face.

"You look upset." Shirabu tilted his head as if examining every feature of his expression.

Semi didn't answer. Instead, he grabbed the chest part of Shirabu's purple and white jacket and leaned close to him. "I don't want to see your face."

Shirabu's lips parted to the sudden action of the third year. He let out a soft chuckle resulting to Semi fumes in anger.

Semi bites his lower lip which made the smaller guy grin. "What? Do you want to kiss me?" Shirabu teased.

Semi immediately pushed the poor boy away, uncertainties flooding his vague mind. Before he steps out, he turn around to look at Shirabu with a scowl in his face.

"I. Hate. You."

Semi slams the door close.

-
This is originally Semi's POV but I edited it.
SemiShira fanfic this time because there are not enough fics for these two. So might as well do some🤗

Hope this will click!